1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you burn gamecube iso's?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by AJP, Jan 27, 2006.

1. ozzyzak

ozzyzak Member

It will burn the gamecube images if that's what you mean.

2. nsx88

nsx88 Member

backing up of gc isos require the bba for streaming or viper extreme usb adapter, again for streaming purposes.

3. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

I burned my GC iso using ImgBurn and I still go thr error message on the GameCube "Disc could not be read". I am using TDK mini DVD-r disc.

4. ozzyzak

ozzyzak Member

I'd tweak the POT or get new discs. Ritek's never failed me and never had anything else work, but I prefered to leave my POT unmodified. YMMV

5. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

I did adjust my pot to 160ohms. Why is it only Ritek disc only work? Aren't disc made the same? What make these disc special?

6. Stir_Fry

Stir_Fry Regular member

7. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

I see and understand this survey, but what is the physics behind it? Why are some disc better than others? I thought that in order for disc to work in DVD players and other playing devices that there had to be a standard. Because it is standardized it does not matter what meia you buy.

I just ordered my Ritek mini DVD-r. I will let you know my results.

8. _Requiem_

_Requiem_ Member

Hi.I have been reading the gamecube section of this from right from the start.I haven't posted anything until I try to burnm my own isos.

I have a modded GC same as my friends.He always uses DMS cds and advised me to use them.When I read this forum ı doubted that they will work but my friend burned two games on DMS (Zelda WW and SWRS Rebel Strike) and they worked perfectly.Than I tried to burn two different games (Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon) with my own laptop on DMS's but my GC failed tok read them (DRE).My friend uses Nero(I dont know which version)and he has around 10 games working perfectly.

So why did I failed to burn the disc.I am using Nero 7 thats the problem? Or ıs there another thing I should know.Please help me.

9. ozzyzak

ozzyzak Member

Unfortunatley, there doesn't seem to be a standard that just works for everyone. Some people have the opinion that you won't get good burns from a Sony dvd burner, but have had nothing but success with them. You just have to experiment.

10. _Requiem_

_Requiem_ Member

Yeah I know that.But the discs we used were the same.We both used Nero and tried games on the same GC.But mines didn't work.Maybe I should try with Nero 6 (my burner is Nec by the way) or just give up and hope my friend to burn my games too.

11. nsx88

nsx88 Member

dvds are standarized, it nintendo's security that's messing with us.
    they're narrowing the possibilities of backups being made, unlike a regular dvd player that encourages us to throw anything at it, that gives them the chance to sell more.

keep this in mind, gamecubes are not meant to be modded to play backups, they want us to buy the original and another copy of the original for backup sake. I haven't heard of original gamecube games not working.

the physics of discs boil down to the quality, some discs are made better, and this is dependant on many other factors. ever wonder why some dvd media is pricy in comparison with others?

12. ozzyzak

ozzyzak Member

And in some instances, quality has nothing to do with it. People are having success with Princo discs while I've got Ritek G04 full size discs and Yuden002 media that doesn't work either, so you never know that's why I don't mix and match my media.

13. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

I finally made my first backup and it is playing on my GC. I used ImgBurn and 4x burn and Ritek mini DVD-r. That was the right combination. I don't know why. I will try Ritek mini DVD-r with Nero v7 next.

14. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

I tried the Ritek mini DVD-r with Nero v7. It worked. Why are people saying that Neros v7 does not work? My backups are playing fine burned with Nero v7.

15. ozzyzak

ozzyzak Member

Because it doesn't for some people. Haven't you figured out yet that there is no way that works for everyone?

16. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

That does not make sence. If does not work for somebody it is for a reason. They must be doing something wrong. It is not Nero v7.

17. ozzyzak

ozzyzak Member

Maybe Nero 7 doesn't work for some people? You are hardly in place to say what works for everyone across the board.

18. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

Ok maybe you are right. As long as it works for me that is what counts.

19. ozzyzak

ozzyzak Member

Exactly! :D I learned not to question why my top quality media doesn't burn or why my Sony burns flawlessly. It's probably just a lot of misconception and picky gamecubes that only read what they wanna read.