1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you change Evolution X to Unleash X?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by ncasx, Jul 2, 2008.

1. ncasx

ncasx Regular member

Can someone tell me how to change Evolution X to UnleashX, im running on softmod, and i don't have game with the exploit.
    thanks
    btw im in the wrong section because i solved my last problem n edited that topic.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  2. bandit008

bandit008 Regular member

ive never changed from one dash to the other and from what i have read you cant really change dashes. I guess what you would have to do is get the AID disk and load it, while in the AID menu format your xbox drives, then use the AID to install the dash of your choice. if you do plan on doing anything to your xbox make sure you make a backup of your whole xbox!

3. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

It's pretty easy changing the dash, though for beginners i would recommend the AID disc also.

How it works:
    The xbox looks for a file when it boots kinda like a boot.ini file, usually on modded drives it's in the SID folder on C: or whatever partition the xbox is booting from. That file tells the xbox to look for the evoxdash.xbe file and load the files that the xbe is linked to.

(not for beginners)

Simply put if you install a different dash and know it's xbe name then you can just change it to evoxdash.xbe and it should all boot. A simple way to test it is with the file manager. Just pick your xbe and load it, and if it all works then you can switch them over. Make sure all the dash files are located on the C: root and you should be set.

If you want to change your dash to Avalaunch just click the link in my sig and download my cheater C:. All you have to do is ftp into the xbox and replace your C: with mine. It will load avalaunch and have a working msdash.

Well that's it for now kids, time to go change my power steering pump :(

4. ncasx

ncasx Regular member

Thanks for the information and thank you,C4RN1, for telling me how it works. :) Now i have to find that AID .iso Btw is this disk contain illegal file? i dont think so right?

Edit: downloaded, then found a copy of splinter cell at Gamestop. :)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  5. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

http://www.aidtracker.com/

It's a torrent file so it will have to be opened by a torrent client like http://www.bittorrent.com

The disc contains everything you could possibly need to mod an xbox. All you do is download the torrent file then load it in the client. When the file is done it will have a iso file. Burn that iso file to a dvd-r as an image. Then you will be able to put it in your modded xbox and use the disc.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008