1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you clean up your PC when it slows down

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Wyattspop, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Hey to my techno friends,
    How do you guys clean up your PC when it starts running badly, assuming after months of use you have picked up tracking cookies and a virus or two? I'm sure we all have our rituals, for instance I will run CCleaner, Malwarebytes, Roguekiller, TDSSKiller, Hitman Pro, Junkware tool, (when finished I delete them all to avoid having two conflicting tools), what is your routine for cleaning up your PC?

Johnson Rivers likes this.
  2. john179

john179 Active member

Remove all junk files and remove any unwanted software however if you want to speed your pc to best possible speed and you have plenty of time then a complete fresh install of windows remembering to back up all your important stuff you want to keep

3. jefrin

jefrin Newbie

Use the ccleaner tool to clear the pc its the best software to make to make your system process faster .

Johnson Rivers and Rooshdi33 like this.
  4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

Advanced System Care Pro, CClean Pro, Malwarebytes is all you need! I do this almost every other day and my laptop runs like it just came out of the box!

Johnson Rivers and Rooshdi33 like this.
  5. Mez

Mez Active member

I always do an OS install then install all the apps I normally use for a new computer then back it up. Then when it is running poorly, I back up my data, if my data is on C: but I keep mine on D: to save effort then restore that back up. If C: crashes I still have D: untouched. If lots of things changed I may back that up after I make all my changes. I never delete that old back up and I keep that on a different disk. 2 backups on different disks are way safer than 1.

Any other cleaning method will not be as clean.