1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you convert ISO to AVI?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by KINNEY201, Feb 28, 2011.

1. KINNEY201

KINNEY201 Member

I've looked all around for a "simple" answer to this question but have not found it.

All I need to know is how to (producing good quality), convert an ISO into an AVI.

I've tried MagicISO, however, it gives me about 10 different files (I believe they were VOB) but I could not find instructions on what to do then.

I've seen many forums where responders get frustrated and reply with ignorant remarks instead of just helping (because otherwise we wouldn't be here if we didn't know the answer). SO, to those people, please do not waste your time or mine responding with worthless or wise cracking comments.

For those who can and are willing to help, I thank you in advance.

Regards,

JK

2. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

You need to unpack the iso to your hard drive then use something like this: http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Converter.aspx?sct=inc&ct=msn&cid=85
    Jeff

3. KINNEY201

KINNEY201 Member

Will it make you select one of the 8 or 10 VOB files? That's where I get confused because I am unsure of which to pick after you unpack the ISO.

4. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

The VOB files are DVD files. You can view each VOB file in it's present form. It's up to you if you want to convert all VOB or just ones you wish to convert.
    Use something like PowerDVD to view them.
    Jeff

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

6. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Seems kinda pricey, Auto GK or Handbrake are free and Isobuster (free function) will rip an Iso too. Your 8 or 10 vobs are your VIDEO_TS folder, select the whole folder.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  7. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

7zip can read & extract from iso & is free & can handle rar

8. wonderhow

wonderhow Member

I use any video converter, you can download it from CNET at

Step 1 : Add ISO image file to the program.

Click Add Video button or go to menu File > Add Video Files, you shall select "Files of type" and change to "All Files (*.*)" and then you will be able to select ISO image files from your hard drive. Press Ctrl or Shift to select more than one image file at one time in file folder.

After you add ISO image files, all of them will be displayed on the middle panel with their detailed information, including duration, format and size, etc.

Other steps are the same as converting other video files!!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  9. TrueTraveler

TrueTraveler Member

Will the converters you recommended work with the Iomega 34499 (http://www.amazon.com/Iomega-ScreenPlay-Plus-Multimedia-Player/dp/B002PY7LM4). Even though this may not be the best multimedia player, but since I now have one and it's unlikely that I'll send it back. I have a lot of videos that I downloaded from a friend and 90% of them work, but now I have some MOB and WMV files that I need to convert in order to be played. I've downloaded a few free converters that did convert the files to one that currently seems works on this player, but after the conversion, it still didn't work. Can someone give me any recommendations as to what converter to use and what's the best formate to use for this player?

10. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Don't see why not but Any Video Converter sounds good, wasn't aware it converted iso, it's very good.

11. KINNEY201

KINNEY201 Member

Ok,

I am attempting to use "Any Video Converter" to convert an ISO to AVI but I have a few questions.

1.) My tvs are 55" LCD's. What settings should I use in the converter for best picture quality during playback? (i.e., frame size, codec, rates, etc.)

1b.) Some may ask why am I converting to AVI to watch on my tv..........I put the AVI's on a thumb drive and plug into tv. It's easier and I don't have to waste DVDs.

2.) On a trial run this morning, I got subtitles. How do you turn them off. For options, I see Default, 0, or 1. Does it need to be set at 0 when converting or can they be turned off during playback, or both?

Your help as usual is greatly appreciated.

12. KINNEY201

KINNEY201 Member

***I want to also add that upon doing a more thorough check of the finished AVI, the words do not match up at all. The sound and voices compared to the video is way off.**

If anyone can list the correct conversion settings for me that would be great. I'll remind again that my televisions are 55".

Thanks!

13. donewell

donewell Regular member

14. donewell

donewell Regular member

Hasn't anyone here heard of fairuse wizard? Just put your ISO in fairuse and sit back, all will be fine>