1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do You Convert MPEG files for DVD burning?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by irvan36e, Oct 24, 2004.

1. irvan36e

irvan36e Member

I have a Leadtek WinFast TV2000 XP card in my PC that I have hooked a VCR up to. I want to record my old
    VCR's onto DVD's. This particular card records onto
    my hard drive in an MPEG image format. What I can't
    figure out is how to record that image to a DVD using
    Nero. Do I have to convert the MPEG image file to something else in order to do this. I have a DVD burner in my machine so definitely want to use DVD rather than CD. Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Mary Ann

2. diver90

diver90 Guest

You need one or two utilities.

1) TEMPGEnc DVD Author will take MPEG and convert them to good quality DVD source files. It will also burn them to the blank DVD.

2) If TEMPGEnc DVD Author can't open the files (happens when you use MPEGS from a ReplayTV), you then open and immediately save them using Womble's mpeg-vcr.

That should do it. These are not free software but would great.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2004
  3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

mpeg 1 & 4 /asf/mov/wmv/avi xvid divx files etc all need to be convertered to mpeg 2 format before you will be able to burn them to dvd.

As you have nero try out the guides section dealing with nero

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/

4. sickduck

sickduck Guest

when i use my hauppage pvr250 it records as mpeg files i then use videoredo to edit any unwanted footage, i record it to dvd with nerovision express 2.