1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you copy a copy protected video tape onto a DVD with a DVD recorder? NO Computer.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by brknhrtd, Oct 15, 2004.

1. brknhrtd

brknhrtd Member

I have a Philips DVD recorder and I am currently trying to put all of my VHS tapes on to DVD. Some of them are copy protected and I need to figure out how to get around this. Can anyone help me?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You need a Macrovision remover box of some type in between the video out of the VCR and the video in of the dvd recorder. Just do a google search for Macrovision removers. You should get several hits. Cost for one about $50. to $100. The more expensive ones work a little better.

Jerry

3. brknhrtd

brknhrtd Member

thank you so much!!!

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I use the Sima "Copy This" digital video converter. It has yet not to work on any VHS I have tried to convert to DVD.

All you do is run your video patch cable from your VHS player to the box, and then a cable from it to the DVD recorder. Audio cables go directly to the DVD Recorder from the VHS player.

It costs about 59.00 I believe as Jerry stated, in fact, I think Jerry might have been the one that recommended it to me at the time,LOL. They did have another one for about 150.00, but as I said this one has never failed me. I use it on my PC (i like to create menus for mine using DVDLab), but it will work in your situation also :>)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2004