1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you copy a dvd-10 (double sided) on one dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by Tanksta, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Tanksta

Tanksta Regular member

Hi could any help me. Iam trying to copy a dvd-10 (single layer double sided) on to one dvd-r 4.7 Gb using dvd decryter, dvd2one and nero. Do I need any other software and if possible a guide would be helpful.

Also does any know where you can get dvdr-10
    in the UK.

Thanks in advance.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You will have to rip each side seperately. create two folders, one for the first side, the other for the second side. In each folder you will have VIDEO_TS and Audio, bup, etc.

You will need to rename all of the vob's in the second folder to coincide with those in the first. ie. If the first are numbered 1 to 4 vob's, then name all of the second folders vob's 5 onwards. Delete all other files in the second folder (not the renamed vob's) and copy those vob's into the first folder. You can now compress it and burn!

Chris

3. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

What movie is it?

4. Tanksta

Tanksta Regular member

Lethal Weapon 4

5. hart94109

hart94109 Member

it sounds very easy when i read this, However i try to put files together as you said above then compress it, and either dvd2one or dvd shrnk only load the first part of files (which is only one side of disc, i think it is because the "vts_ifo" file only remember that first part of files cause second disc ifo was deleted ) any suggestion ?

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

OK, do this:

1). Calculate the size of each side of the disc.

2). Work out the amount of compression you will need to perform on each disc to fit it onto one.

3). Next, compress both sides of the disc into seperate folders, dont worry about what name they are called.

4). Open TMPGEnc DVD Author, go to add DVD video, somewhere on the right. It will open a search box. Look for your two folders. Add each vob file in the right order, ie VOB.01,etc. (You may need to rename the VOB files in the second folder to correspond with the end of the first set of VOB's)

5). Once all the files are opened in TMPGEnc DVD Author (this is different to TMPGEnc), click on Output at the top of the display. Select where you want the output to go and then click on beign output.

6). It will have merged all the VOB files into the same VIDEO_TS folder and IFO start.

7). Burn your VIDEO_TS folder onto disc using your favourite burning program.

Chris

7. Mazer

Mazer Member

I'm also trying to copy a dvd-10 to a dvd-r.

I followed your instructions, but when I try to add the 2nd vob in dvd author it says illegal video file you can only use MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 Video, I can only add the first vob in the second folder aswell.

All vobs play in powerDVD.

8. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

do a search for "flipper" no quotation marks. You will get alot of good info on how to make these.

9. Mazer

Mazer Member

Last edited: Jul 2, 2003
  10. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

It is exactly the same as the TMPGEnc outline except using IFO Edit, use whichever program you are familiar with.

Chris

11. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi
    dump all vobs in to a folder raname second lot starting with the last number of the first set

VTS 01 to VTS 08

then use ifo edit to CREATE IFO! and burn!

Thx...

12. tehbotol

tehbotol Member

Oriphus:

I followed your suggestion above on using TMPGEnc DVD Author to merge the two folders of VOBs. Each folder contains VOBs from each layer which were extracted by using DVD Shrink (with some compressions). With DVD Shrink, I choose to keep one audio and one subtitle.

My problem is, after I merged these two folders of VOBs, the final VOBs do not contain subtitle (subpicture) at all (they're missing!). The video and audio run perfectly.

Could you advise how can I keep the subtitle when merging using DVD Author?

Thanks.

13. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, come across this problem before. Have you tried the subtitle button on the remot for the DVD player to turn them back on?

14. tehbotol

tehbotol Member

Yeah I did.
    I even compared the .IFO files before and after the merging (using IFOEdit), and noticed that the Subpicture info was missing.

Btw, I tried the other method using IFOEdit and VBOEdit (found it in other forum), and was able to keep the subtitle. But now, the subtitle looks blurry in green color (as oppose to a sharp white subtitle as in the original).

15. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Someone else had this problem on the forum recently. Ill look see if i can find it ;-)

16. PunkJr

PunkJr Guest

I followed the instructions to merge the DVD10 and side B is fine but side A of Goodfellas comes up with this error when I select it "could not initialize decoder". Have you seen this before

17. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member