1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you create a .CUE file from .Bin file?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by alpngso, Jan 15, 2003.

1. alpngso

alpngso Member

I downloaded Madden 2003 and it's in .EXE file... I don't know anything about Image CD and this is my first try!!!

Madden.2003.Razor1911.ShareReactor.bin.exe

this is what the file is called

So i downloaded Alcohol 120%, because someone said this one is the best program... And i tried mount image and installed the game.. But it says put the correct CD in... What does this mean? Why can't it read my image file .Bin?

Do i need to download new program? I have program called Daemon... Which I have used before... But I don't know what to do with my file to install and play it!!!

HELP!!! I wanna play it so bad!!!

2. alpngso

alpngso Member

I read other threads and tried to change my .bin.exe file to .bin file but the computer freeze on me every time... ANY way I can fix this?

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

How did you try to tamper with it?

The correct procedure is:

1) rename image-name.bin.exe into image-name.bin (use Windows Explorer, for instance: right-click the file name then choose RENAME)

2) open the BIN file with ISOBUSTER: this way you can check if the file is corrupted or not.

3) if the image is not corrupted you can try three ways to burn it:

a) create a .CUE file like this:
    FILE "image-name.BIN" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
    (--> type MODE1 if you have an image of a PC CD, MODE2 if you have a PSX/VCD) and save it in the same directory of image-name.BIN.
    Then, burn the CD opening the .CUE (not the BIN) file with Nero (File____Burn Image) or CDRWin (Record Disc___ Load Cuesheet) or Alcohol_120.

b) Open directly the .BIN with Nero version 5.5.9 or above - careful: maybe 5.5.10 is buggy -doing File___> Burn Image ---> open the .BIN file. Be careful to select, in the Burn Options, MODE1 if you deal with a PC image, MODE2 if you deal with a PSX game (you need to select this option because you do not have a .CUE. In case a) the option will be automatically selected)

c) Exctract all the files that are in the image on your HD with ISOBUSTER and then burn the files on the CD. The resulting CD will be different from the original disc and will contain only the User DATA (That is: if the CD is copy protected you're done, if the CD is bootable the copy will not be bootable and so on). This is the last option you can try and you should do this only if you're desperate.

Bye

Last edited: Jan 15, 2003
  4. alpngso

alpngso Member

It won't let me rename it as my computer always freeze up if i want to change the file name...

Thx anyway... I'll guess i need to do somethin about it...

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Try to copy the file to another with a different name.

You also should check your computer. Why does it freeze? Can you rename other files?

6. alpngso

alpngso Member

Other files are fine...

Except the Madden file...

7. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I believe the HD may be somewhat damaged.

Try running windows' SCANDISK (a built-in application each Windows user has). Scandisk will repair the file and fix the HD damaged sector. Then, probably, you'll have to re-download the file because the repaired file will probably be corurpted.

8. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Have you un-mounted it before renaming?

9. KANADIAN

KANADIAN Guest

I "had" the same .bin.exe problem with BattleField 1942. After renaming the file Nero "still showed the .exe on the end. I used CDRwin to get rid of it. I was able to install the game but my "CD2"(or 1 infact) is not the correct CD? I can play it with a NO-CD patch, but it slows down too much(I 2gigs free, and the systems-resources too low pop-up is annoying). What is the "correct" way to do this? I'm to "combine" both .bin's into an ISO? If so, how?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2003
  10. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Strange. I suppose that Nero left the .exe extension because you did not refresh the file browser. How files are renamed is a job made by the OS (Windows), not by the applications (Nero, CDRWin, whatever).

In truth, renaming is not crucial. To burn .bin.exe files is easy as for .BIn files. You just could write the .CUE file leaving the .exe extension.For instance, alpngso could have written on a .CUE:

FILE "Madden.2003.Razor1911.ShareReactor.bin.exe" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

This will allow Nero/CRWin/Alcohol to burn the file (of course, if the file is mounted or the HD is damaged, the PC will crash anyway)

And no, you cannot combine two ISOs into one. Each Disc has its own system and, except some specific cases, creating multi-games CD is not possible. What you could do, if yu have a PC AND unprotected game, is extracting all the fles from CD1, CD2 .BINs on two separate temp subdirectories the HD (using Isobuster) and then burning them into of the CD. But probably you will not have enough space on a single CD.