1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW DO YOU ENABLE PLAYBACK?

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by therzs, Aug 25, 2007.

1. therzs

therzs Member

I have had this problem happen to me with apollo dvd copy a couple of times, but my solution was to use dvd shrink and dvd decrypter. now i have run into this problem again and need a solution.

my iso burns fine, and works perfect in my computer and in my memorex 7" portable dvd player. but in all other dvd players it says unsupported or tells you the dvd doesnt have a playback feature. how do u enable playback?

by the way im converting divx/avi -
    1)vso divxtodvd
    2)dvd shrink
    3)dvd decrypter.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

What's the brand name,model#,and current firmware version of your dvd-rw drive?

Slapping any sticker labels on those backup discs?

What brand name,format,and speed rate of your blank media?

Here's a free program that will tell you that info,and also the MID code of your media when you have it slapped in your drive:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd-r_tools/dvd_identifier.cfm

If it plays ok in your pc and on a portable player,then sounds like a compatability issue with your other players. You can try the opposite media,but make sure it's quality stuff like verbatim.

Compatability: When it comes to reading dvd backups,some drives can have harder times reading and playing them.You've got the plus format,dash format, single layer,dual layer,dvd-ram,as well as RW media. That's a lot of different types of format media.

If your drive has bitsetting capability to booktype,that would be the best route to take.Only the plus format can be set to booktype and only on certain drives- Plextor/Benq/LG/Lite-on. By booktyping,you're changing how a player reads them.Players and other dvd drives will think they are playing the highest compatable dvd-rom format,like that of original movies.It fools picky players into playing more of your backups.

Some drives can also have issues with certain media,certain format,burn speed, burn program,too much compression,burning too fast,too slow,sticker labels, and even a crappy burner.

Answer those questions above and post back.