1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you keep the aspect ratio when using VCDeasy?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Kakoru, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Kakoru

Kakoru Member

Hi! A few of my files has the dimension of:
    640*352 or something near those..

Whenever I try to use VCDeasy, it says the dimensions are unsupported and it wouldn't work if I didn't change the aspect ratio of the movie.

If I change them, it becomes all streched and annoying because they only accept the dimension of:
    352*240

Help plz :)

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

What are you useing to encode the AVI to Mpeg1/VCD at 352+240???

If you are useing Tmpgenc to encode the Move to Mpeg1/VCD then this is what you have to do..Go to "Settings" to "Advanced" to "Video Arrange Method" and set it to "Center Custom Size" and then set the Custom Size to "352+144" ..
    Now when you encode your 640+352 AVI file to 352+240 it will retain the same Aspect ratio as the original accept it will Look like a Widescreen Movie with a Black Border on the Top and Bottom, but there is no way arround that....

This Movie would Probably look much better as a DVD than a VCD so why not do that??
    If you don"t have a DVD burner then you should Pick one up as they are Dirt cheap these days..You could Pick one up for under $50....

Cheers