1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do You Make A Bootable CD???

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by PennRon, Mar 29, 2005.

1. PennRon

PennRon Regular member

hi:

Excuse me if this question has already been answered elsewhere in the forum. I searched and could not find anything on it. I spend most of my time in the dvd section but now I have a CDR problem.

Microsoft has offered its Windows XP 64 bit RC2 as a free download. Its an ISO file. I used DVD Decrypter to write it to a blank CDR and all the files are there A-OK (I also used easy cd creator v.5). However it is supposed to boot to the CD ROM drive and it doesn't. The message that usually appears on bootables "press any key to boot to cd" doesn't appear. It just hangs.

Am I supposed to make the CDR bootable first (like a floppy)? Then write the ISO file? I have Nero V.6 but hardly ever use it. I see it has a section to make a cd bootable but I can't figure it out. Any help is appreciated! Regards!

2. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey PennRon,

I think this might be what you are looking for:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/ultraiso.cfm

Try this program out and see if you can create your boot cd. I have never used it either the Nero Boot CD option either. Also, your question has been asked before, and I am searching for the thread now, if I find it I will post it up for you.

Hope this helps!

;)

3. isdabye

isdabye Guest

I would like to know how to burn a movie from downloads on the net to cd-rs I am a newbie and need to have a step approach. thanks if you can answer this question for me.

4. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey isdabye,

If you want to start doing that, I would highly suggest checking out the "Filsharing Forum" to choose a p2p, if you don't have one, then go to the guides section and read the guides because they are VERY detailed and can do exactly what you need to do. Also, you can go here:

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/

These guides are top notch and are very easy to understand.

Hope this helps!

;)

5. PennRon

PennRon Regular member

hey venomX05:

Thanks for the link. I just downloaded the program. I'll give it a shot and let you know how I make out. REGARDS...

6. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

No problem...anytime!

Yeah...definately let us know how that panned out for you!

;)

7. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

8. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  9. PennRon

PennRon Regular member

Hi:

Thanks for all the replies and links to programs. So far I am still unsuccessful. There is something going on with this ISO file from Microsoft which I can't download anymore because they removed it on 3/25.

The RC2 for Win XP 64 is an ISO file that should automatically make the CD boot for installtion (or at least I am ASSUMING that.) Since it always hung on bootup I started this thread thinking that I needed to make the blank CDR bootable. I just think that maybe there is something wrong with the ISO file and Microsoft is not supporting this BETA of Windows 64.

If anyone has been successful in getting the RC2 to boot plz let me know. I give up trying to make my CDR boot with this ISO file...REGARDS...

10. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey...I think that I have something for you!

Check this out:

http://nu2.nu/pebuilder/

Now, I haven't tried it, but it might be what you are looking for...hopefully!

;P

11. gazlilley

gazlilley Guest

the easiest way to make a bootable cd is use nero 6.5 or above. if you can get it with nero startsmart 2 then it's a lot easier to do and create.

12. PennRon

PennRon Regular member

hey venomX05:

Thanks much for the research. I have read the link briefly. There is a lot of info there. I'll give it a try. Thanks again! REGARDS...

13. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

No problem, Penn...anytime!

;)