1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you nix the previews

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Steveapp, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Steveapp

Steveapp Member

When I backup a DVD with DVDxcopy, I can remove the extras and previews to maximize quality i.e. lessen compression. This is fine until I have an encrypted DVD. I use the DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink, and Nero and I can only remove the audio. It seems when I remove the extra files manually, it knows the other files are missing. Its obvious that the _TS this file contains a map of whats supposed to be on the DVD and needs to be edited. Can someone point me to a guide to do this or at least point me in the right direction?

2. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

Rip the dvd with Decrypter, open with Shrink, use the re-author function in Shrink to keep what you want

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

4. Steveapp

Steveapp Member

Thank, both of you, but will this be a playable solution? What I really want is a back up that I can just drop in my DVD player and watch.

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I use this method all the time and they are perfect.

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

You can also use dvd decrypter and rip to hdd then use DVD Remake to remove previews, trailers, warning screens, and other garbage leaving a working menu, bloopers, deleted scenes and so on. Then use an encoder/transcoder of your choice.

7. Steveapp

Steveapp Member

This is great community, one of the fasted non condecending groups I subscribe to!!

8. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Just like what they said above. Easiest way is to use DVD Shrink, click the Re-Author button, go to browser tab, and just drag the Main Title(s) over to the left. You lose the menus but you can just pop in the movie and watch as well as skip to next scene with next button on remote.