1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you no if your dvd burner burns mini dvds?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Ghost_Dog, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Ghost_Dog

Ghost_Dog Member

My dvd writer is a 'nec dvd rw nd-3520a'. I have no idea if it will burn mini dvds. Does anyone out there no.And if so what media is the best bet to work in my gamecube.I dont fancy opening it up to tweak the laser but ive heard lots of people have had succes with certain makes of mini dvd without messing with the laser.

2. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

to my knowledge any dvd burner can burn mini dvd-r. And about which media would work best has been kinda unique to each gamecube as they have all different laser readings (the ohms) corect me if im wrong, but dont go with cheap shit, go with riteks or verbatims something along those lines

3. Ghost_Dog

Ghost_Dog Member

cheers man thanks very much

4. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

If there is a depression for mini-DVD in the burner's "tongue" it can read/burn mini-DVDs.

5. madman_31

madman_31 Member

I use SONY DVD RW DRU-700A and I use cheap disc normaly and they work fine on other consoles but not the gamecube.

Kinda weird they work on other console but not gamecube.
    The gamecube laser must be very sensitive.

6. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

madman31, if your not wanting to buy more expensive disks, there is away around it, theres a thread somewhere around here, with very detailed pictures on how to adjust the reading of the laser. Pretty easy to do, but alot of trial and error.

7. lyte

lyte Member

Ghost_Dog, I have that exact burner. I use Optodisc mini DVDRs and they work wonderfully.

8. Ghost_Dog

Ghost_Dog Member

thanx man thats great to no. Were did u get them from,i live in northern ireland in the uk, and i cant find anywere that sells mini dvds that are affordable.Any good uk sites would be appreciated.

9. Ghost_Dog

Ghost_Dog Member

thanx man thats great to no. Were did u get them from,i live in northern ireland in the uk, and i cant find anywere that sells mini dvds that are affordable.Any good uk sites would be appreciated.

10. grmbl

grmbl Regular member

I realised my burner CAN burn mini-DVD-R by opening my burner and looking at it... It had the profile for a large AND a small DVD!!! rofl

btw: It is ALWAYS a good thing to update your burners firmware...

grtz