1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you view a movie that came in bin and cue files

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by dazdm2001, Aug 21, 2003.

1. dazdm2001

dazdm2001 Member

Hi im very new to this so any help would be much appreciated,ok here's my problem i have recently d/loaded a movie using bit torrent file share program it came in a bin and cue file format but im not sure how to view it do i have to burn it to dvd r first ive already created it to iso and tryed to view it in different player but with no picture just sound are there any reasons this may be happening wrong codec etc.thanks in advance .

2. samsonare

samsonare Member

Use Nero to convert it. If you don't want the movie permanently, use a CD-RW. Launch Nero, then, close the small second window that pops up in the middle of the main large window,
    select 'file' at the top left corner, select burn image, last, browse your hard drive for the que file and select it.
    This takes 30 seconds,
    SAMSONARE

Last edited: Sep 7, 2003
  3. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

Unpack a bin/cue with Nero? Umm you do realize Nero doesnt unpack anything.. I willing to say that the bin/cues were dled as bin/cue or in rars.. either way he is at the bin/cue stage.. Now as I take the question, your trying to view the bin/cue? I use WinISO or Alcohol 120% to view bin/cue files w/o the need to burn them to cdr/dvd. In Alochol 120%, in the mian window select the virtual dvd drive, right click on the drive .. goto MOUNT IMAGE - opens a new window to select the image you wish to mount. select the bin/cue or ISO you wanna mount.. clik OPEN.. the image is now loaded. should be able to view the contents of the image and play the image w/o ever actually burning it :)

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

For the record dazdm2001, bin/cue files are cd images, not movie files. They are either VCD/SVCD/XVCD/XSVCD/DVD-R. You burn them and watch on a home DVD Player usually!

I would also Suggest Alcohol 120%. Add the image to the list, select it and click image burning wizard. Change Datatype to Video CD (even if it is SVCD) and burn it at a speed of either 4x or 8x for best results.

First though, make sure your DVD Player plays VCD/SVCD at http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers

5. dazdm2001

dazdm2001 Member

thanks for your help,ive manage to create the virual drive thingy you where takling about and managed to watch them,just wondering though if i wanted to burn them to dvd+r would i have to recode them or can i just burn them to dvd+r and watch them on my stand alone dvd player if so what in your view would be the best program to use to burn them to dvd.thanks again these forums have always came out tops for lots of different problems i have had thanks to all who have helped.

6. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

No you have to re-encode!

7. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Isnt there a player designed specifically to save people the effort of extracing BINs or burning them? (i know there is one, i just cant think of the name)

8. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

your welcome dazdm2001.. lot easier to view bin/cues withi WinISO / Alcohol 120% then it is to burn em only to find out its not how you want it..

Dela, shouldnt he be able to just burn the bin/cue? Y need to re-encode the image?

9. Praetor

All SVCD/VCDs need to be of a specific dimension, bitrate, etc hence once you have seen a few you've pretty much seen them all.

10. deester1

deester1 Member

i believe that you can use nero 6 to view the bin/cue files..if you have a fully registered version then the image drive function does much the same as win ISO..although i never tried this so i could be wrong and dont mind been corrected.

11. samsonare

samsonare Member

Thank you, I use Nero to burn all of my Bin/Cue files. It takes five min. Its the easiest program. Then if you want to burn it to DVD use Ulead Movie Factory to convert the MPEG files ,from the bin/Que, to DVD; very simple!!!
    SAMSONARE

12. Praetor

13. deester1

deester1 Member

if you mount the disk image in image drive you can view the files without ever having to burn them..handy if you just wanna watch the movie..find out if its any good and not waste cd'd or DVD's if its a crock.fake.or just plain rubbish story.

14. deester1

deester1 Member

also it sounds as though you could be missing some codecs..try getting divX and Xvid...they will install their own codecs and youll still be able to watch most of the films in media player or whatever you use..if it wont play in media player try playing in the divX player...remember though some films get corupted in download and you can try all you like and youll never get the picture back cause the player cant determine which codec to use becuase the films signauture data is corupted

15. deester1

deester1 Member

to recode the video..if you have nero 6 visit the web site and read the "how to"..its pretty simple and helps with stuff like menus and chapters if you never done it before

16. samsonare

samsonare Member

I have always used K-Lite codecpack and I can view anything. It's almost a one-stop codec pack.
    SAMSONARE

17. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

picky picky SVCD/VCD format LOL.. thats why I prefer to use VCDeasy myself.. though does take a bit of getting used to using it.

as for the codecs, well those only apply to viewing the movie on one's puter.. codecs dont apply to a standalone dvdplayer.. if the dvdplayer itself doesnt recognize the burnt movie (dvdr, cd {VCD/SVCD} ) there's not awhole can do about thator maybe the movie is region encoded thus dvd refusing to play movie that's region code doesnt match the dvd's code.. Try region freeing your player.. I did it to my POS GoLive dvdplayer. will play almost anything now.

18. samsonare

samsonare Member

If the movie you burned doesn't play in your DVD player try using another program to burn the movie; some burning programs are more compatable than others. I put a different chip in my Apex; no macro/region; but usually Region isn't the problem, it's the format.

19. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

I usually use Alcohol 120% for burning bin/cue moovies since I dont really trust Nero for compatibly reasons.. Or if alcohol 120% doesnt werk, I'll use vcdeasy.

20. samsonare

samsonare Member

I've always wanted to try Alcohol-120 but it never wanted to install correctly... I think it doesn't like all of the other burning programs that I have. There is more to the burning program than what meets the eye.