1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you write your own program?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by a_l_e_x, Oct 1, 2004.

1. a_l_e_x

a_l_e_x Regular member

How do you write your own program to run on the gamecube.
    I am aware
    -it is to be coded in assembly
    -can be no bigger than 14mb

Anyone know of the tools needed to assemble them.. and any helpful tutorials to learn assembly? I learnt VB and i can tell you, assembly is a HUGE step from that...

Thanks in advance

2. )om(az

)om(az Guest

Hello.
    What sorte of program do you wish to write?

3. a_l_e_x

a_l_e_x Regular member

Well just simple text ones to begin with but I would like to make buttons to. And these programs would probably connect to pc through an ip socket to a vb program of mine to collect data...

4. )om(az

)om(az Guest

Sorry, but i can't help you, because i just know how to write programs for GC whith C language.
    And these programs are not used so as to connect the PC to GC.

5. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

Yo!!!
    It willl be hella hard for ya to learn in a forum how to make programs
    Go to college and study programing or do you even know the basics its hard believe me im on 11 grade and i have a class named programing 1 and its hard but at least i know the basics cant help ya right know it can also be helpfull for you to read guides about it i good luck read ya later
    Maria

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah a_l_e_x learning programming is not that easy like Maryela3 said.If you can get some classes on it,then you should be able to program.It is better to see it in visual than typed also.If somebody helped you out by typing up how to do it.It would take you forever to program.I would think you would have to be good at remembering also,since you have to remember alot of codes to use.

7. a_l_e_x

a_l_e_x Regular member

Thanks