1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how does one remove only previews

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Dondotta, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Dondotta

Dondotta Guest

I was wondering how do I go about removeing the previews from my backups and still keep full features of the dvd

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You can do that using the Clonedvd2 with Anydvd combination or Nero Recode with Anydvd combination. You could also edit the dvd with Shrink but the menu will not work anymore. The choice is yours. Clonedvd and Anydvd have a 21 day trial period to try them out and see if you like them. That is my first choice for dvd backups.

Jerry

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

In DVDShrink you can take out the previews to make the compression less by inserting a still image. Go to your Extra folder and find the preview clips and then highlight it then go to compression and click on still image it will insert an image to keep the integrety and will let you get better compression for the movie and menus.

4. Dondotta

Dondotta Guest

Is the still going to show instead of preview and if so what can I do so it will jump the previews and not play them

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I havent tried still imaging previews before uasly I just do a complete backup and bring extras and menus all the way down to raise the movie compression and if it is still to low I will just do the movie. So to answer your question i dont know, you would have to still image them and see.

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

if you dont want extras then just take main movie only it will fire up by itself in a dvd player!

why have all the link menus if you dont use them?

7. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Rotary,

It would be nice to keep the menus with a "movie only" shrink because most of them have "scene selections" (chapters) which can be useful.

But, if the compression is down in the 50-60 percent, I'll give up the menu and "scene selections" to avoid that much compression.

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i see what you saying now! i am abit of a main movie only freak! for quality etc...and like said just pop disc in and away ya go, no button pressing...

if i need to go to a certain part i fast forward.....

;-])

9. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

[bold]Dondotta[/bold]

The still images do show and for the same amount of duration/time as what they replace.

10. Dondotta

Dondotta Guest

Thanks every1 but what I want is to be able to just cut out the previews and keep menus etc.

11. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Then as I suggested before you should try the trial Version Of Clonedvd2 that works with Anydvd. You can edit out only the parts you want and still keep the menu completely in working order. If by chance you remove something that the menu would normally point to, it just blanks out for a second and returns to the menu telling you it is missing. Everything else will work. Clonedvd2 and Anydvd purchased together I think are less than $70.
    Money well spent in my opinion.

Jerry