1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does Rejig .5 stack up against other transcoders?

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by klemperal, Sep 30, 2008.

1. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

From the little experience I've had with rejig on DVD-RB I must say that I'm pretty impressed with it. What has your experience with Rejig been and how do you think it compares to other more talked about transcoders like Shrink? I ask because I hardly ever see people talking about it on this forum, and like I said, I don't have a lot of experience with the transcoder to know how it performs under certain circumstances.

2. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Thats one Ive never used, and I don't believe as you said I've ever seen any discussion on.I always by passesd it and used quen. and Hanks now CCE. A little info on that would be good for the knowledge base.

3. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

I agree, it would be nice to have more info on Rejig. I'll start using rejig where I would usually use shrink for the sake of getting more information on it. I'll periodically post results like transcode times, quality etc. Hopefully other people will join in and add their results as well.

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

The only problem is that it hasn't been touched in almost 3 years, pretty much abandoned I'd say.

5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Moved to DVDRB forum.

I've read somewhere that Rejig is slower and produces a similar quality backup as DVD Shrink. I can't find the link right now and I've not tried it so this is just hearsay.