1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How dou you burn a DivX avi to a CDR?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by flrider, Jul 20, 2003.

1. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Hopefully these programs will be beneficial to you.

Peace.

2. IMRANmel

IMRANmel Regular member

there is a panasonic dvd player (dont know exact model) that enables divx format files to be played in the player

3. mrsheen03

mrsheen03 Regular member

the Umax 6100 DVD Player plays: MPEG4 / DivX / XviD / DVD / SVCD / VCD / CD / MP3 / DVD-R / DVD-RW / CD-R / CD-RW
    and audio: Dolby Digital, MPEG-1 Layers 1, 2 and 3 (MP3) and it cost £139.99

4. mosspa

mosspa Member

There is no Panasonic DVD player that will play back DivX, that I am aware of. A while back I read an ad for some Sweedish player that was supposed to do it. There is a new British player that uses the new chip that will be released soon. Also, there is the KISS, LiteOn and Neuston players that are, more or less, available in the U.S. If there others to add to this list, I would like to know about them. Right now, the LiteOn still gives the best bang for the buck, IMO.

5. IMRANmel

IMRANmel Regular member

6. mosspa

mosspa Member

Trust, me. There is no player at Amazon, or anywhere else, that will play MPEG-4 (DivX, XviD) for under $140. To the best of my knowledge, Yamaha doesn't even have a line of consumer DVD players. Right now, the LiteOn remains the least expensive option ($149). With the advent of the new chip, like most technology, the price will drop. Until that chip is implemented by more than one British company, the Sigma Designs chipset will continue to dominate the market, and the price of players using it will remain over $100.

7. iimms

iimms Member

ok, i have the kiss technology dp500 divx/xvid certified player with the latest firmware... superb. I have downloaded Fast and furious 2 in DivX5 with ac3 5.1 surround which plays perfect and my amp gets 5.1 channels to it.
    I have used Gordian Knot to encode another film and ripped and merged the ac3 5.1 track to the film i've encoded to divx5. Gspot22 shows the film encoded correctly with 5.1 surround, however my Kiss DP500 refuses to play it..... anyone have ideas on that??

8. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

What about the the Yamada player found on the link UK_MEWZ provided?

It costs around $100._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Life is but a dream...so wake me up already!!![/small]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2003
  9. maddogg

maddogg Member

i have read the answer to my question on this site, but i can not find it now. i have spent an hour looking for it. i hate to re-hash an old question but, i downloaded a movie. it plays good. when tmpgenc tried to opn the file it could not. i used virtual dub, then the tmpge. when it gets to 28,29, or 30 percent it says it can't encode. frames bad or something. virtual said the movie had 12 bad frames but they were watchable. do i need a new movie, or is there a way to correct this? thamnks

10. mosspa

mosspa Member

Please accept my appologies. Apparently there is a Yamaha DVD player that plays DivX and XviD for sale on U.K. Amazon. We don't see this stuff, apparently, on this side of the pond. Indeed, I did several searches for Yamaha DVD players and they are not available for sale in the U.S. It would be interesting to see what techno.,ogy the Yamaha player uses. Sigma Designs? Anyway, again I am sorry for posting incorrect information.

11. mosspa

mosspa Member

Well, in searching for more info on the player, I noticed that it was Yamada, not Yamaha. WOW

12. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

@maddog

You can try masking the bad frames using virtualdubmod.

13. IMRANmel

IMRANmel Regular member

no worries mosspa
    we were all newbies once weren't we powerdup lol
    nah im jus playing mosspa_X_X_X_X_X_[small]mEwZ...ExPeRiEnCe[/small]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2003
  14. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

15. mrsheen03

mrsheen03 Regular member

So what you lot are telling me there is not such dvix dvd player "Umax 6100 DiVX DVD Player 5.1 DVD Player" i have seen it for £129.00 on a site!!

16. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Well, if you saw it on a site and you know that their info is reliable then im sure that such a player exists.

17. maddogg

maddogg Member

powerdub, masking did not work, said 28 frames were un-codable. downloading new movie. when i install my dvd-r, is there a certain dvd-r disc i need to buy to copy movies on. or, will any 4.8 gigabyte disc do?

18. IMRANmel

IMRANmel Regular member

most dvd-r disc will be compatible with a dvd writer no specific one will be located to one dvd writer
    same goes for CD-r or even VHS tapes can u only use one type of CD on a CDR, CDRW
    or one type of VHS on a VCR
    i think not

19. mosspa

mosspa Member

MrSheen03: The UMAX Yamada player does exist, but apparently, only in Europe. I found several reviews of it, and it is listed as being for sale in 10 days in many reliable internet electronic stores (including AmazonUK). I have seen it listed for as little as 79 pounds w/o VAT, though. If you want to find out more, do a Google search for "UMAX-6100", or Yamada DVD.

20. mosspa

mosspa Member

Maddog: I've been at this DVD writing stuff for about 2 years now. I've tried many brands of DVD-R using Pioneer AO3, AO4, AO5, AO6 as well as Panasonic DVD-R/DVD-RAM drives. Of all of the disk brands I have used, I have found Ritek to be the most reliable, for both 1x (GO3) and 4x (GO4) speeds. Occasionally I use Princo if I can get them inespensive enough, and I did have one spindle of Oprodisk 4x that were all good. However, if I want to be apriori sure the disk is going to write correctly, I use the Ritek disks. They cost a little more (about $1.39US in quantities of 50) but the few extra cents are worth it, in my opinion.