1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How dou you burn a DivX avi to a CDR?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by flrider, Jul 20, 2003.

1. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

VirtualDub will do the job for ya and its free too!

2. funkmunk

funkmunk Member

Hola! I found this forum while fishing around for emule info (now up and running with no probs). Just for info I have been downloading and burning avi's to DVD/SVCD/VCD etc. for quite a while and have it quite well tapped now. I just bought a Yamada DVX-6100 from Amazon for £79.99. Pretty cool player, plays DIVx direct from ISO CDR/RW and DVD-R. Have a few problems like lag and stutter on big avi's on DVD-R but reckon this is down to media and avi quality.

To convert avi to MPEG4 I use CCE 2.6 and EasyDVD. Simple but effective! Encoding NTSC to PAL is a pain and has very few good results so multi-format players and TV's save a lot of time and money! Bought the DVX-6100 to drop the 3-4 hour encoding time from avi to MPEG4.

Hoping emule will get some good download performance as Kazaa lite seems to drag on the last part of the movie you always need!

By the way, there is a rumour going around with the 6100 that burning disks to UDF not Joliet format will fix some letterboxing problems. It doesn't, just makes your CDRW disks unusable!

Laters and have fun!

funkychunkymunky :)

3. mosspa

mosspa Member

I've heen away for a while. Anyway, as to the Liteon, I've had one for about 6 months now. With the latest version of their firmware (availabel as a download from their web site), almost every divx I have (over 900) plays great. It still has a bit of trouble with some fast action scenes in some of the divx 3.x formats, but they are few and far between, and I think they might be due to coding errors by people who were just getting started with divx several years ago. What I can say, though, is that several of the divx 5 and xvid disks I have polay with video quality on par with many DVDs. As for the Liteon itself, it does come with the Liteon DVD IDE drive as its drive. So, for what it's worth, even if you eventually have to throw away the player, you still have a great 12x DVD ripping drive. Since the movie moguls have coerced the jhardware folks to limit the speed with which their drives can read a DVD-ROM to 2x, having a 12x ripper available isn't all that bad.
    \
    Mosspa

4. scooper

scooper Guest

The Yamada 6100 (£79 Sterling) is a supurb player, it does play DIVX (MPEG4). Wasn't the original question 'how do you creat a DivX movie on CDR???'. If I make a copy of a divx movie from one cd to another using Nero 5 its OK, but if I download a divx movie, the problems start, i.e sound out of sync or the Yamada player doesn't recognise the disk but perfect, played back on the PC via Cyberlink power DVD. Any ideas??

5. scooper

scooper Guest