1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how HDTV works?

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by Sreeram, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Sreeram

Sreeram Guest

I have the following doubts related to HDTV. Can any one clarify?

1. I have 2 HDMI sources (Set top box and DVD player), one 2x1 HDMI switch and one HDTV. All are just connected without any power. Is it possible for me to turn on the DVD player, switch and TV using the single remote?

2.The HDMI offers many features like one touch play, one-touch record, etc… If I want a one touch play feature is it enough if I press one touch play button in the remote? Will the DVD player be powered on by itself?

3.Will all the buttons pressed in the remote be sensed only by the HDTV and is it like the HDTV will sense the commands from remote and issue to other devices like DVD player,set top box etc..or will all the devices receive the commands from the remote?

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

The answers to our questions can be No or Yes depending on if your talking about same brand devices built to communicate with each other via HDMI or not.

Most people that want that type of functionality buy a programmable remote control that can replace all of the remotes in their system. So to answer your question, no, HDMI doesn't mean that everything will work at one touch of a button (not yet anyway).

Ced