1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how is the ritek 52x?

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by swishers, Mar 22, 2006.

1. swishers

swishers Member

i just ordered a 100 pack of the ritek ridata 52x cd-r from meritline for 16 bucks with shipping. Anybody use this ? is it any good?

2. bratcher

bratcher Active member

I've burned about 200 of the silver/matte (blank on top) 52x Ridata discs & have had zero problems with them. The small amount of datadiscs worked fine in a different drive then the one they were burned in. All recorded at 32x. I mainly use CDR's as audiodiscs burned at 16x & they play great in every CD player I've tried them in. Just bought 400 Ridata branded discs at Microcenter (12.99 per 100 pack) & I know from experience that they will be fine.

Just as a test I burned a Ridata disc at 52x & it seemed to test out ok even though I prefer to burn them at a much lower speed.

3. fez1122

fez1122 Member

I seem to be having some problems because I went through memorex, maxell and now ridata and nero info tool obviously says they are ridata but I am still experiencing a few skips even after burning at 8x could it be my burner, btw its not the songs themselves.

Help my with my coasters infestation

4. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

Recording 52X discs at 8X is too slow for the sensitive dye. That slow a speed helps in data transferring and keeping the buffer memory full, but it can "overburn" the dye. Don't go below 24X or maybe 16X on 52X discs.

As for the skipping noises, another cause can be problems from the buffer running low or from interference from other programs running in the background. (If the skipping only occurs in one player, it could also be an incompatibility with the player. If the recording drive plays the discs with no problem, that points to the player you are using as a contributing factor.) Close down all software that is running on your computer, including anti-virus software--disconnect your computer from the Internet just to be safe--and then try recording.

The Ritek media are good quality in general.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2006