1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long does it take to make a backup?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by liberal, Feb 23, 2005.

1. liberal

liberal Member

Hello,

I was considering getting an xbox and decided to read the backup tutorial and it seems to me that it would take quite a bit of time to download game files from your xbox then make an image an then burn? Overall how long does it take to complete this process?

2. ozy

ozy Regular member

It is quite fast. About 10 minutes to rip depending on the size of the file, about 5-10 minutes to create the ISO file and about 10-15 minutes to burn the image file to disc.

3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

It depends on a number of things, like how fast your FTP rate is, and how big the game is. It took me like 30 minutes to FTP Halo 2 over to my computer.

The xISO process is not as long. It should take you 10 minutes top. Burning is about a good 12-20 minutes depending on the size of the xISO.

So it's almost the same rate as backing up a DVD :)

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

It depends on a number of things, like how fast your FTP rate is, and how big the game is. It took me like 30 minutes to FTP Halo 2 over to my computer.

The xISO process is not as long. It should take you 10 minutes top. Burning is about a good 12-20 minutes depending on the size of the xISO.

So it's almost the same rate as backing up a DVD :)

5. mike2k5

mike2k5 Member

well if u download the game from the net depending on ur connection speed and the size of the game itll it should *SHOULD* take u about 2-3 hours ,