1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how long does weed stay in your system???

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Phyco_Can, Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I think monkeys would be more fun if they lied and slung poo...that way when they sling the poo, they could blame it on someone else.

2. ireland

ireland Active member

i believe my bride,as she a emergency nurse in a hospital...

the weed eaters lungs looked like swiss chease...

3. LOCOENG

I gave that stuff up years ago, had to get a real job that defines the term "random drug screenings".

4. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Pollution, i can tell you from what i know from my Chemistry and Biology classes that the pages ireland is linking to are right.

5. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Be strong with the force, you can hold out till football...

[​IMG]

6. antomic

antomic Regular member

you weed smokers will really regret what you do when you get older. Smoking Weed is like cutting your wrists. Would you F%&ยค yourself just because it feels good? Besides, how can you enjoy bud? its revolting. nobody is taking away your rights. They are protecting innocent people from people like you getting high and doing stupid things. Would you smoke if it would make your kid a brain damaged retard? I wouldn't.

healthy kid
    [​IMG]
    its your choice

brain damaged child.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2006
  7. pollution

pollution Regular member

Last edited: Jul 16, 2006
  8. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

Thats not true....The people that take "medical weed" eat it...like they mix it with food or something...So I am pretty sure it is not going to your lungs.....and I really doubt that something that causes cancer would fight it.

9. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Doesnt help fight cancer, it helps alleviate the pain and the munchies is the only way they can eat.

10. Kevinhhh

Kevinhhh Guest

Flame me if I say this, but just don't edited by ddp do it!!!!!! U ruin ur whole damn life and waste ur money, u might as well slit ur wrists!!! Or throw money in the garbage!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2006
  11. LOCOENG

@kevin

You are entitled to your opinion, but I'd watch the language.

12. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

[bold]Health issues and the effects of cannabis[/bold]
    -Wikipedia

There is little conclusive scientific evidence about the long-term effects of human cannabis consumption.[23] The findings of many earlier studies purporting to demonstrate the effects of the drug are unreliable and generally regarded as junk science, as the studies were flawed, with strong bias and poor methodology. The most significant confounding factor is the use of other drugs, including alcohol and tobacco, by test subjects in conjunction with cannabis. When subjects using only cannabis were combined in the same sample with subjects using other drugs as well, researchers could not reach a conclusion as to whether their findings were caused by cannabis, other drugs or the interaction between them. In addition, research using cannabis is heavily restricted in many countries, making it difficult to get new studies funded or approved. Since there are so many different compounds in cannabis, it is difficult to predict or accurately measure its effects.

Some conclusions established with some degree of certainty, however, are that cannabis is less likely to cause emphysema or cancer than tobacco[24]; that sustained early-adolescent cannabis use among certain genetically predisposed individuals has an elevated correlation with certain mental illness outcomes, ranging from momentary minor psychotic episodes to clinical schizophrenia [25][26]; that cannabis use is generally higher among schizophrenics, but causality has not been established[27][28]; that it temporarily impairs motor skills; that it is unlikely to cause birth defects or developmental delays in the children of users,[29][30] and in a study done by the University of California Los Angeles in 2006, that even heavy marijuana smokers do not increase their risk for lung cancer.[31]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marijuana
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_issues_and_the_effects_of_cannabis

13. ireland

ireland Active member

Cannabis cancer risk played down

Cannabis smoke is less likely to cause cancer than tobacco smoke, a leading US expert says.

Dr Robert Melamede, of the University of Colorado, said that, while chemically the two were similar, tobacco was more carcinogenic.

He said the difference was mainly due to nicotine in tobacco, whereas cannabis may inhibit cancer because of the presence of the chemical THC.

But health campaigners warned against complacency.

Cannabis remains the most commonly-used drug in the UK with one in 10 people using it in the last year, according to the British Crime Survey.

Smoke from tobacco and cannabis contains many of the same carcinogens, and cell damage linked to lung cancer has been found in the lungs of chronic cannabis smokers
    Jean King, of Cancer Research UK

The Class C drug, which was downgraded in 2004, has already been linked to mental health problems and breathing difficulties.

But scientists are also exploring whether it can be used to treat a range of conditions, including multiple sclerosis and Alzheimer's disease.

Dr Melamede said whereas nicotine activated carcinogenic compounds, THC - one of 60 cannabinoids derived from the cannabis plant - had been shown to inhibit them in mice cells.

"Compounds found in cannabis have been shown to kill numerous cancer types including lung, breast, prostate, leukaemia, lymphoma and skin cancer."

But he said the effects of cannabis were complex as evidence also suggested low doses of THC could stimulate growth of lung cancer cells.

Smoking

And he added the two could interact as cannabis was often smoked with tobacco.

"It is possible that as the cannabis-consuming population ages, the long-term consequences of smoking cannabis may become more similar to what is observed with tobacco.

"However, current knowledge does not suggest that cannabis smoke will have a carcinogenic potential comparable to that resulting from exposure to tobacco smoke."

Jean King, director of tobacco control at Cancer Research UK, said many of the studies that had looked at the link between cancer and cannabis had used purified cannabinoids.

"Results from such studies may not represent the overall effects of cannabis smoke, which contains more than 400 chemicals.

"Smoke from tobacco and cannabis contains many of the same carcinogens, and cell damage linked to lung cancer has been found in the lungs of chronic cannabis smokers."

And she added there should be no complacency as cannabis was often smoked with tobacco, which is responsible for a quarter of all cancer deaths in the UK.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4350642.stm

14. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Kevinhhh, knock off the language!! post edited

15. antomic

antomic Regular member

Well, most people dont care about what you put in your body. They care about what you'll do when you get high or mentally unstable.

16. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

first off,
    Loads of plants have about 400 or so, watermelon has about 360 odd. One of my mates (stoner) who seems to have done alot of research on cannabis and its use, told me a few weeks ago that it does in a way prevent cancer, it limits the bloodflow to cancerous cells so they die. And he also says that yes it does kill brain cells but only old dieing ones. Dunno where he gets his info from ill ask him for some links.

But most studies havent been able to really prove much damage caused by it, sure the fact that its normally smoked is bad, but people can add it to food and eat it (most people dont) to remove that prob.
    And i read the other day a liquid form of THC has been developed so that it can be injected (maybe even eaten) for medicinal use.

17. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

Most people would say alcohol is worse in this arena. Even though marijuana has an impairing effect on motor skills, driving under the influence of drugs, or DUID laws only exist in 13 states*. Compare that to drunk driving.

*RI, VA, PA, GA, MI, IL, IN, WI, MN, IA, UT, NV, and AZ, if you're curious.

18. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Many years ago, I got into an accident which resulted in some pretty nasty spinal cord injuries and a lot of surgery over the years. I've been taking narcotics three times a day since.

When that case about medical marijuana use went to the supreme court, CNN had one of the people who was suing...she went on and on about how pot was the only thing that helped her pain and that it even worked better than the narcotics she was taking so I decided to try it myself (smoked a lot of it when I was a kid in my "hippie"days). It only seemed to make the pain worse...weather the pain was actually worse or the pot simply made me more aware of it, I don't know. I tried it twice with the same results both times. If it works for that lady then I'm glad for her but it only seemed to increase the pain as it applied to me.

19. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

theres no question your better off not smoking the stuff!!!

20. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

just wait until you're 18 and smoke cigars like i do :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.