1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how long to burn??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by morgana3, Jan 14, 2005.

1. morgana3

morgana3 Guest

When I first started buring witn a nu burner, I was able to burn a movie at 4x in 40 minutes. Now I have a lite-on 16x and it takes 55 minutes to burn a movie of about the same size burning at 8x. I plan to buy a system with a 3.2 or 3.4 pentium processor (the one I have now is celeron 2.4). Will this bit of an upgrade help my burning speed?? My friend is able to do it in half the time and has has a duran???

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

check your ide settings make sure it's set to DMA. Also make sure your burner's firmware is up to date.

3. flip218

for me a 4.36GB movie takes around 14 minutes to burn @4x (always burn at 4x)

4. colw

colw Active member

Burn time for me approx 14 to 15 minutes at 4 X.

Pioneer 106 on a PIII 800 with 256Mb Ram.

5. morgana3

morgana3 Guest

Well, I tried the DMA, but no luck. I am guessing because it is a Dell computer and everything is set. I thought maybe to make the burner the master, but had an idea to search for an update for the IDE.
    Surprise, surprise. My burning has gone from 50 minutes to 8 minutes using an 8x speed. The best part, my decryption has gone from 1 hour 20 minutes to 15 minutes. I was able to clear out 25 dvd files off my hard drive in under 3 1/2 hours. Now I can really enjoy burning my dvds.

6. interprak

interprak Member

I have the same problem Morgana, I have an external maddog dvd rw drive and when I try to burn at 8x with nero it takes almost an hour to burn a 4 gig file. Can you tell me how u got ur burner to work. Thanks!

7. flip218

Huh?? I've got a Dell and I don't have those problems. And how can you say it didn't work? Cause you say this right afterwards.

I would say it worked!!

8. flip218

Huh?? What does that mean? Dell uses cable select, so if you want to make your burner the master drive on your secondary IDE channel, just swap the drives (assuming you also have a dvd-rom). You don't need to change jumpers or anything, just the ide connection.