1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long will it last.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by fauzans, Sep 11, 2012.

1. fauzans

fauzans Member

Hey I have this lcd monitor http://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VX2...=1347388433&sr=8-1&keywords=Viewsonic+vs12324
    I've had from the last 3 years it has been running great with just some minor problems.Now I know that lcd's get a bit yellowish display after an amount of time,what I want to know is how much time before my lcd start showing that yellowish color in its display.
    As usual any and all help will be much appreciated.

2. aldan

aldan Active member

your guess is as good as mine.i have a six year old lg and it looks just like it did when new.

3. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

I have 2 Dell monitors over 6 years old and they look the same as when I got them.

4. fauzans

fauzans Member

Thanks a lot to both of your replies.Hey JST1946 there was a serious strict tone in your reply,and then I read below and made complete sense to me.Thanks again truly appreciate it.

5. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

This lappy was made in 1999 (proudly showing off it's win98-se serial number sticker) .. first of the p3 Compaq's .. no stuck pixels.. still bright.. so.. guess like all electronics, they last as long as they last....

6. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

I have an aoc 22.5inch lcd moniter.got mine near start of the year in 2010 (late febuary,early march) still works fine.also got a 4 year warrenty on it.

hard to say with electricals some people get the cheapest unknown brand and get a years and years out of it some people buy the top brand and lucky to get 5 years out of it.Most people upgrade before the old product dies.honestly dont know how long it will last.

7. fauzans

fauzans Member

Thanks a lot to or all your replies,truly helpful.