1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how long will it take to copy a decrypted master

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by karatone, Jun 10, 2003.

1. karatone

karatone Regular member

after ripping, decrypting and burning a master DVD copy, how long will it take to copy this processed master,I'm new to this forum, thanks

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

You are not meant to make multiple copies but anyway you can copy directly 'on the fly' with Nero or most other Burning Rom's - the time depends on your write speed. At 1x a full disc takes about 55 mins and at 2x only half of that.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

What Discmania means is that you are not legally mean't to make more than one copy of a DVD for purposes of back-up. However, if you have lost your original, then the back-up would become the original and so making a back-up of a back-up, would be legally fine.

Copying on the fly is not recommended and can only be done if you have both a DVD Writer and a DVD Drive. If you have a 4x writer, you can expect to be able to make a back-up of the back-up in around 15mins.

4. karatone

karatone Regular member

i was just curious about how long it would take,I'm not planning on doing quantity. Would the same apply to my home videos that I'm putting on DVD media,as far as the time frame goes? I have to make a few copies of my baby's birth for the grandfolk.I spent time playing with Sonic my DVD last night and got my project all ready to burn or so I thought ,only to find that after the data formated,the Burn button on Sonics control panel wouldn't let me press it, it wasn't lit or acsessible.I'm not sure if it's because my DVD-R is mounted in an ext. 2.0 case or if I just forgot a step in the process,This is my first burn project on DVD media. I'll be posting in the software section later today,any advice would be helpful,sorry for the cross topic, thanks