1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Long?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by DeathOwl, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I've noticed that the people who ask about member levels take a lot longer to make it to the next level, esp if they use caps & don't bother fixing it.....& they complain at how many posts they have made & ask how to become a mod.

2. tocool4u2

tocool4u2 Guest

I told you i didn't feel like editing it out.......Atleast i am telling you i am not shouting..........It was 2 in the morning when i wrote it..I was tired as it it...No need to bash some1..I used to be a senior member but there was a glitch and i have to start all over.......Why do you have to bash someone? Dude i hate when people are that way,they need to bash someone because they did something they don't like ..It doesn't hurt you now does it?....Nice way to start my day

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2006
  3. CR3AT10N

CR3AT10N Regular member

Omg, I get soooo many patronising posts.

4. ireland

ireland Active member

how long will it take me to move up to garbage man,
    i heard they make the big bucks on this site..
    as he gets to removed banned newbies and haul them away for $20 dollars each..,

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  5. CR3AT10N

CR3AT10N Regular member

6. CR3AT10N

CR3AT10N Regular member

@Ireland; here you go, a user bar.
    [​IMG]
    lol (i'll probably get banned now)

7. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

CR3AT10N - if you feel patronised by my post, then apologies _however_

if you see how many times this question gets asked, then you may see the view from a regulars' point of view.. anyroad, welcome to the forums ;-)

pulsar's response was warranted and justified. Breaking the rules and then stating below that you [bold]'can't be bothered'[/bold] to rectify your errors is just utter dribble..

Do you think you exempt from the rules~?

With all the effort you have put into this rant, you could have just edited your posts and abided by the rules!

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

How long before I get the operation to have the ban button removed, it keeps getting stuck on, it even works by telepathy, my PC isn't even on :O

9. Lethal_B

I think it has to, creaky, with all the trash that gets posted throughout the forums..

10. tocool4u2

tocool4u2 Guest

Yes but Pulsars is telling me to abide by the rules just because he is Addict..Isn't that a mods Job..now isn't he breaking a rule?

And now i know everybody is going to talk trash to me because i said that...... but at this point i really don't care

11. Lethal_B

Telling you the rules isn't something that should be done by anyone -- moderator or otherwise. It says "[bold]READ THIS FIRST: Forum rules[/bold]" in every forum.

Pulsar didn't mention the rules - that should go without saying, though obviously not in your case. You say you used to be a senior~? Geez, no wonder these forums are going down the swanney..

12. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Anyone can politely remind anyone of the rules, so long as it isn't offensive.
    Sometimes I can come across as sarcastic, probably as humour doesn't travel well across the net. But if you'd edited your post then we wouldn't be having this conversation, but as Lethal says, I made no mention of the rules, not only that, you should have known better.
    It is a problem here that people use text speak to communicate & it is damn annoying, just as typing in caps is. All we ask is that people make an effort to type properly, use correct grammar etc, it makes it a lot easier to read.
    OK, so I am an addict, that doesn't make me any more special than the next person, but I have been here a while & have a good feeling of how the site should look & how people should act/type etc. It is basic good manners & respect for your fellow members that is required. I am a bit old fashioned where English & grammar is concerned, but I am knocking on a bit now!
    Seems that using the English language properly is in decline nowadays, esp with the new generation. Which I find quite abhorrant.

13. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

tocool4u2, you were the 1 who messed up for not editing that message. pulsar did right in mentioning to you about not editing your post. if he had did wrong than i would have said something to him as i have no problem telling an addict that he/she messed up. if you do a post like that again than expect a holiday from here.

14. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

hi :)
    just a small point, if he was to lazy to edit. how did he manage to get 3 i's and an s in lower case in the same line ?

15. CR3AT10N

CR3AT10N Regular member

he was probably holding shift down to make capital letters as if he did not have Caps on.

P.S Do you guys think Ireland will like the user bar i made 4 him, or will he ban me because he has the very scary status of CHIEF MODERATOR. Aaaargh! No!

16. ireland

ireland Active member

CR3AT10N
    you loose two turns to post,

[​IMG]

you
    [​IMG]

17. tocool4u2

tocool4u2 Guest

yes i didn't notice i had capslock down and when i went to capitalize the letters it was in lowercase.........

Oh and Lethal I have read the rules before and how should a Senior member be smarter on this forum...You can ask alot of questions and be a Senior member...........And you said No wonder the forums are going down the Swaney.............You are going to get people like that, there is nothing you can do about it.......It's Life DEAL with it.............You think your so cool saying that..(and don't say your not..)I know you feel some power out of it.......These forums are going down the drain because it happens...and people don't worry about there own buisness

what said is said and i am done

I am ready for the vacation Creaky, Even if you dont want to ban me i think enough is enough .............

@ The Fiend

Have nice life and i hope for the best......And to all others......

bye

Tocool4u

18. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Not me, I was only joking about the ban button :)

19. ireland

ireland Active member

between me and the one millions afterdawners,i think some are drinking some wacko juice..in the last couple of weeks..

maybe its better that i stay over at the green room..i will not say any names..and this is not posted to any particle person.
    some members are going wacko on this site..

this site use to be fun!!!!!!!! it seems like every one wants to be a-want a be mod......

20. Lethal_B

tocool4u2 - there's no need to be hasty and leave on the strength of that, however, don't try and pass the blame onto myself or pulsar. You brought this all on yourself. Take responsibility for your own actions!

I hope you do the honest thing & stay and learn from this. Don't take the cowards route and quit over something so futile!

All the best.. ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.