1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Long?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by DeathOwl, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Wacko juice? All I like to see is people using proper grammar & English. Posts are getting more & more difficult to read, terrible spelling, sentence structure is appalling. Some don't even make sense. I have to read some posts 4 or 5 times before I get the gist of what is being said!
    I don't want & never have wanted to be a mod (way too much hassle & you are only truly appreciated by the old timers). Just because I may remind people of the rules does not make me a "wannabee" mod. I just want the quality of the site to return to the high it once had & deserves.
    Now dRD wants us to take a back seat were the forum rules are concerned, sometimes I cannot help myself as some of the posts being made are ridiculous. After an "incident" with one of the mods, I had a temporary haitous from the site. I cannot stop caring about grammar, that is just me.
    What started all this was a pointed remark by me to one of the members about caps, now it seems to have spiralled out of control, passions have been roused. I would like to thank people for springing to my defence (you know who you are), but it appears that my efforts in bringing up the standards of the site are being thwarted.
    It is really sad that this site has gone this way, instead of taking criticism on the chin and accepting responsibilty for their actions, all that happens is people will argue the toss & not accept they were wrong.
    Sigh.....

2. FartDude

FartDude Guest

I dont really see the point in user rank, i come to this site to help others if im familiar with the problems. Post counts arent that big a deal, atleast to me they arent. If you ask me the posts that count are the intelligent and helpful ones. Ive been around for awhile now but i dont even think about bothering to start a topic asking "when do i get promoted".

3. CR3AT10N

CR3AT10N Regular member

@Ireland, I'll keep my sig like below, but do you like the "Garbage Man" User bar? =]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@pulsar - we'll get there, slowly chipping away at the crap posts/threads/posters. now if only i could ban or hide ALL the kiddie forums (and stop any more signing up), we'd virtually be on the road to turning AD around

5. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I remember a couple of weeks a go there were two threads about rank postions next to each other!
    I have just joined another forum & before I could make a post I had to sign a disclaimer as to have read the rules.
    I think that if everyone was called a member here it would solve a lot of problems.
    Perhaps another mod to help out with the useless threads & to kick ass?
    And NOT me, I would just ban everyone!

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i ban far too many posters, a sign of how disrespectful the little tikes are, and yet i'm quite soft on posters sometimes, other times i just swathe thru the idiots as that type of poster is the crux of the problems with this site

7. CR3AT10N

CR3AT10N Regular member

is this gunna get closed?

8. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

It would have just faded if yer hadn't bothered reviving it! ;)

-closed- just for CR3AT10N

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.