1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW MANY DVD'S Do You HAVE?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by nohelpme, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Blessedon

Blessedon Regular member

I have too many! But I backed up a few, and sent the originals to Iraq. One of our friends is over there and he said that, among other things, DVD's were in short supply. I didn't even know till then that they had DVD players! If someone here decides to do the same, DO NOT SEND COPIES , the FBI will get you for it. Or check out http://www.anysoldier.com/ for things they need.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2005
  2. cainbox

cainbox Guest

I have around 70 total 50 are copys.

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

@ Blessedon,

I have sent literally hundreds of backups to Iraq!!! Should I be looking out over my shoulder now? Anyway they have PX's over there and can get any DVD's you can get so don't let them fool you. They can even go right off base and get black market copies of DVD's that havent even bee released in the theaters over here yet. Belive me I know I was there and they only cost 5 bucks :)

Cheers

4. Mulox

Mulox Member

bbmayo, I am using binders and am very interested in your system (I only have about 500 or dvds, originals and backups). For some reason your picture(s) did not show for me. Can you please email me a pic or post a link of what your solution looks like? Thanks

5. Blessedon

Blessedon Regular member

Hey bbmayo, thanks for the xtra info, I did not know that they could buy them black market there (definately a money saver...even though I don't agree with it), and I'm still glad I sent what little I did as my buddy has little cash to spare.
    As far as the backups? I was going by the bottom of this page and that's why I never sent any copies;
    http://www.anysoldier.com/WhatToSend.html

By the way, thanks for your work for us in Iraq and here at A/D!!!

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Mulox here are the links
    http://img2.imageweb.info/img2/kUz03799.jpg
    http://img2.imageweb.info/img2/03F03918.jpg

let me know if those dont work?

Blessedon,
    Yeah black market isn't illegal over there so I figure what he hell when I am there, but your right I don't agree with it here at all. They really have no other means of getting the movies over there though so I guess thats how they do it. Thanks for your comments I was in Iraq in 1991, 2002, & 2004 I am out of the army now I retired in Jan.. How much longer is your friend there? Tell him we all wish him the best and to find the aircondioning whenever he can! :)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2005
  7. Blessedon

Blessedon Regular member

LOL I suspect air conditioners are on the B.M. there too, huh? I never thought about it before but I guess I would be happy to do in Rome... if I were in that place. He went over with the N.G. and expected to be there a year...at least that's what he was told.

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah it's kind of like if you went to Amsterdam ;-) Are you saying you wouldnt try some of there cookies because they are illegal where you are from? LOL NOT ME!!!! LMAO

9. Blessedon

Blessedon Regular member

You got me there, bigguy. One of my greatest dreams is to tour in Amsterdam. What I do there...? Welllll, I wouldn't want to be rude and offend the locals by not partaking in the local customs and festive rituals.
    *-._.-*

10. squizzle

squizzle Active member

@roadcam:
    How can you live without music??

11. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

YEAH NO KIDDING , cd/albums always come first for me ,1500 plus here

12. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I don't even know how many I have, I have 2 towers full plus like 8 spindles of CDs, plus more on my PC. I'm happy with what I have ;)

If everything in the world was taken away from me except one thing of my choice, I think that one thing would be music.

13. treelo

treelo Guest

at my last count I had around 1600

14. ianwilson

ianwilson Guest

i dont have any so if you want to get rid of some i will send you my address

15. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

I agree I may steal your method BBmayo..... its a good system. Hey bbmayo its aweful good to see you back...aren't you happy you did not leave for good.. you have awhole new generation of noobs to raise lol

16. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Hi nohelpme,

Yeah I miss all the good people a lot, but you still have the occasional person who just wants to fight about everything, but I have learned to just ignor tham and drive on. It all really feels good when you are helping someone and they come back and tell you thanks and really appreciated the help :) That really makes it all worth it and I really do like helping people no matter what some may may believe. BY the way as I stated earlier that wasent really my idea I just stole it from a picture I had seen a little while back :) hmmm maybe I should patent the idea LOL :)

cheers

17. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

18. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I've heard that the BurnMasters were genuine TY, but don't know if there are fake BurnMasters out there. I just bought about 300 TY discs from supermediastore.com for about $100, about the same deal.

19. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

damn squizzle how many dvd's do you burn?

20. pandymen

pandymen Guest

I have a box of DVDs and CDs sitting next to my computer. I'm guessing there are roughly 600 DVDs in there and well over 1500 CDs. All of those are movies and TV series. I actually buy my music ;)