1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW MANY DVD'S Do You HAVE?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by nohelpme, Jul 4, 2005.

1. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

@rlock

my dvd collection is assorted in many various binder-type folders inside dvd sleeves~:) i basically have a binder for movies based on genre~ it would be much too difficult if i were to alphabetize them~

so, yeah, my collection needs a bit of updating as of late, but, at least i know where to find them if i need to find one~ i basically have it labeled on the outside of the binders...i do not use any software based categorizing yet, BUT, the one that both squizzle and neph use is very good, i just haven't found the time to go and make an account for myself and list everything i own~ :)

2. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

For my backups i can easily find them as i only have 17-20 backups, but im gettin there hopfully they will last as the media i used for most of them were shintaro :(

3. searchers

searchers Member

I have about 1000 original dvd's, about 250 dvd's copied mainly from TCM, about 950 laser discs, about 1200 original videotapes, and about 1000 recorded video tapes. It works out to about 6000 films.

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I think kivory would benefit from using bbmayo's method. I'm probably gonna go that route myself.

5. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

As I stated before,I store all my binders in a bookshelf, but the bookshelf is full now, and the dresser idea seems like a good one.

As long as you re-enforce the drawers to allow for the weight,I would think that would work just fine.

6. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

i might have to look into bbmayo's method as it seems efficient and worth trying...my binders are pretty much all full now, but i don't have reinforcement on my shelving...it is bending now due to the weight (wooden shelving) :)

thanks for the tips guys, will look into that in the near future~ :) good day to you all

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

There really isnt much re-inforcment needed. Here are some close up pictures of what I did so you can get an idea. The re-inforcment I used was an extra "L" bracket on the middle two dividers in the middle of the drawer going into the bottom of the drawer.

Pic 1 is middle "L" bracket Pic 2 is "L" brackets at the ends

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. mikey_ray

mikey_ray Guest

i have all my dvd in slim cases and i displey them by genre

i know it takes up room --but when people come over and see the huge
    collection

they get wet----meaning women---they think wow i can use him to borrow movies

heck no learned that lesson all to well--------
    u watch it with me baby--thats the only deal

its a pimp move

9. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

bet i could talk you into borrowing some lol

10. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

ur a girl aabbccdd?? or are you just saying you have a trick up your sleeve as to convincing him to let ya borrow some? hehehe...

11. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

If u r a girl why do u have a pic of a girl in ur sig?

12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

lol, that's his fave 'hottest girl' from the hottest girl thread, and mighty fine she is too (sigh) :O

13. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Yeah.

14. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

a

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2005
  15. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Ohh ok, well who posted that?

bet i could talk you into borrowing some lol

16. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

i would HOPE it's the girlfriend who posted it...otherwise, we got a sick and demented mind here...borderline homo-kinky-im-a-man-but-like-other-men syndrome~ :) LOL

17. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Y

18. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

why not put up a pic of her in the "hottest girl" thread before it is closed? i for one will try my best to abide by darthnips' "boycott", this will be one of the very last posts by me here in the safety valve, i agree with his thinking and i am not going to contribute to this "mess" we have here now~ too many people posting useless crap, as darthnip put it...

anyways, i apologize for getting off topic, but, this is going to be my last post here in the safety valve unless someone PM me and calls me to a particular thread~ good day to you all and let's all help out to bring an end to useless posting ok?

you can all find me in the media forum where i will be most of the time from now on~ :)

19. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

i

20. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Great Timing for me to find this Thread. I just finished my inventory last weekend. I have 524 (all authentic).