1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how many songs can the hard drive store

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by billiej, Apr 11, 2007.

1. billiej

billiej Member

I have a xbox and I want to store songs onto it, but I can only store one song, then it says not enough memory in hard drive, but when i check i have over 5000 blocks and the song only take up 200 blocks so is there a problem or is this natural. Please help I really want to find out

2. Sandwich1

Sandwich1 Guest

It probaply needs the rest of the space for itself (games or xbox live if you're on it).

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

looks like it's time for a bigger hard drive.

4. billiej

billiej Member

ok um... I was wondering if I do change the hardrive can I put a computer hardrive into it

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

gotta do at least a softmod; hardmod would be better.

6. Joshua30

Joshua30 Guest

yah what he said! Hehe!

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

you're just full of useless posts, aren't you, joshua? it's easy to see how you're already a member. -_-

*reported*

billie, before you come back asking how to softmod or install a chip, search and read the guides first. you really shouldn't have to reply at all from this point.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Joshua30, what type of post is that? post padding? edit your sig to conform to forum specs ASAP.
    4. If you want to use both text and image in your signature the image should not be more than 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall, and you can use up to three lines of text.

9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

never mind as he got struck by lightning.

11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

it's like little mosquitoes flying into a bug-zapper...i just can't look away.

12. handsom

handsom Regular member

As far as selecting hard vs soft mods....

---Do you play on live? Yes leans toward hard mod, which can be setup with a mod/unmod switch for stealth

---Do you know how to solder, or feel comfortable paying someone else to solder your system for you, which usually runs a minimum of $20(If you're lucky!) If you're comfortable soldering or paying 20-50 or more for someone to do it on top of your chip cost, then you're leaning toward mod.

---Do you have any personal feelings about wanting to 'keep it stock' or not wanting to open the system? If you do, then this leans towards softmodding.

---Would you rather pay between 50-100 dollars to have someone professionally chip your system(Knock 20-50 off if you can do it yourself) which will probably be more stable; or do a software-based install yourself for (generally) $20 or less? No explanation needed here.

Each side has it's pros and cons. Many people consider chips to be a more stable option, I personally have done several soft jobs, and have nver encountered any problems. Chips are perceived to be 'safer', probably in part due to the fact that many people have been working with chips since the saturn, and just feel more comfortable with familiar choices. Softs DID have problems when they first cme about, but have since become vastly mroe stable. IF YOU PLAY(OR INTEND TO) ON LIVE WITH THIS SYSTEM, YOU DEFINITELY WANT TO GO WITH A HARDMOD THAT COMES WITH A SWITCH TO ENABLE/DISABLE MOD. However, may Live gamers either already have, or plan to switch to 360's for that soon anyways. It's ultimately a matter of preference, largely depending on your needs, funds, skills, and whether the idea of altering software or hardware seems 'safer' to you...

13. billiej

billiej Member

before i started this topic i looked at modding my xbox but i could not find the problems it could cause if your doing a soft mod like if you do a soft mod can you like revers the process and the soft mod is it the the same as the hard or are there any differances

14. steimy

steimy Active member

softmods can be uninstalled, mod chips really can't unless you go solderless which i do not reccomend. But they can usually be disabled. Personally i do not use Live with my Xbox, so a hard mod is the only way to go. For both ease of use, easier recovery from problems, and very easy hard drive replacement.
    and make sure you have it installed by a professional.