1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how many times can i earase and reburn a DVD+RW before it goes bad?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Xen253, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Xen253

Xen253 Member

im useing alchohal 120% and i have earased a DVD+RW about 4 times and reburned, and it still works great, i want to know, will it ever go bad or can i keep doign this to it? thanks

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

The life expectancy of a DVD+RW is projected to be 50 years according to Verbatim for archival purposes.

As to the number of times it can be written to , the consensus seems to be approx "" Rewritable DVD format, great for testing your DVD videos, write/rewrite up to 1000 times "" (Source Pioneer Technical Dept.)

3. john179

john179 Active member

Xen253 you got the right idea keep testing with this format and you can not go wrong.

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I own two or three cheap Imation DVD+RWs that I use for my "experiments". I must have burned em 50 different times and they are still working. I think Jeanc1 is "write"!

5. john179

john179 Active member

fasfrank let us know if you get to a 1000 in the near future your disc's may out last me.I'm only 35 so lets see how we go.

6. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Grinzzzzz... I have CD-Rw that are near the 300 mark .... still going strong ...!!

7. john179

john179 Active member

Good on your Jeanc1 like to hear of people getting there moneys worth.

8. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I use em only when I think I'm going to have a burn error, or if I just want to see how one of my projects is going to look on the TV. I just don't like 1x burns which is all these are capable of. Aren't some newer DVD RWs faster on reburns? Doing a whole DVD at 1X is really boring.
    Frank

9. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

The LG GSA-4120B (Hitachi) supports 12X DVD+R, 8X DVD-R, 4X DVD±RW, 5X DVD-RAM and 2.4X DVD+R DL writing according to the official specifications. As a CD recorder it supports 40X CD-R and 24X US-RW