1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Many Times Can I Use my XP CD

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by concord21, Jan 5, 2006.

1. concord21

concord21 Member

hey guys, i bought windows xp home last year for my computer i had just built, well my cousin just built a computer and needs windows XP, if he installs it, uses my cd key and activates it will there be any consequences like no more upgade info or hardware changes, because i know if u install a pirated xp and your hard drive is bigger then 130 (like mine) you dont get the full amount of space

thanks

2. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

you can only use the licence key once. microsoft wont have a problem with you using the CD to install windows but legally you will have to purchase a new licence key. Also if you installing pirated XP does not make your hard drive have less space that is load of horsecrap

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2006
  3. Dngrsone

Dngrsone Member

The 127GB ceiling was a problem with the initial issue of XP. It has nothing to do with pirated copies. Service Pack 1 fixed that, IIRC.

You can use the same CD to install XP however many times you want as long as you [bold]use a seperate key[/bold] for each computer. If you use the same key on two different machines, then it's pirating.

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

In order to overcome the verification process for your updates, you can disable it in Internet explorer tools under manage add ons!