1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much gameplay do you get with your battery?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by P5yLO, Dec 5, 2007.

1. P5yLO

P5yLO Regular member

my ds is only getting about 4-5 hours of gameplay per battery charge. im playing phantom hourglass right now so this is definately not sufficient! how long are you guys getting per battery charge and is there any advice as to how to extend the life of the ds battery?

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

About 2-3 hours on wifi playing Mario Kart (when I can withstand playing that long against cheaters)

Anything from 4-8 hours with any offline game depending on volume and brightness and what game i'm playing.

I also have a spare battery and an external charger so when one battery is empty I can just switch batteries.

If you have a DS Lite you can increase battery life by reducing the screen brightness, just going down one level will not make a huge difference to the screen, but will improve battery life. (I usually have my brightness set to 2 or 3)

3. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

my battery is like 2-3 or 3-4 hours. well mines really old so im not complaining =P

4. nintenut

nintenut Regular member

About 5-10 hours with the lowest brightness setting.

5. 1234aaron

1234aaron Regular member

about 2 hours with just offline gameing!!!! which really sucks!
    I thought that when you buy a ds, before you turn it on at ALL you should charge it to the max so the battery doesnt get well... damaged i guess, but i dont know if its true, i didnt do it but mabey it does have an effect. Correct me if im wrong tho
    :p

6. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Yes you should fully charge it before it's first use or it can effect battery life (not hugely though) I didn't with mine as I traded in my old DS for the Lite and i wanted to transfer my Wifi settings over from the original DS so I could keep my Wifi scores and friendcode (and I had to do that at the shop before charging the DS at home).

7. P5yLO

P5yLO Regular member

ok thanks guys. i feel better knowing that everyone else is suffering as much as i am.