1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How must I restore Nero to use Nero BackItUp

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Brumac, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Brumac

Brumac Member

I have Nero 6 (OEM), including Nero BackItUp, running on Win XP SP2. My operating system is corrupted and must be re-installed. The hard disk will be reformatted and everything on it will be lost. I will restore my application software to the newly formatted hard disk from original CD-ROMs, downloads, etc. This includes restoring the Nero 6 software. I have used Nero BackItUP to backup my documents, data files, etc. to DVDs and will use BackItUP to restore them. My question is:

This is a case where I must also restore the Nero Software (from CD-ROMs) before I can use it to restore my other files. Are there any Nero data files (catalog files, index files, etc. internal to Nero operation) that I must save and restore separately so that the follow-on restore process using DVDs will be a success? If so, what are the data file names and locations?

Thank You,
    Brumac

2. zeiram

zeiram Guest

NO evrything should be fine as you have an original nero disc.Just re install after you have done your reformat

3. Brumac

Brumac Member

Thank You Zeiram

4. zeiram

zeiram Guest

no probs your welcome