1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How old/young are you (to all)?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by chriso123, Sep 28, 2002.

1. LetsRock

LetsRock Guest

how very........Interesting!
    who told you that then?

2. catfreak

catfreak Active member

It's very interesting that you find that interesting. As far as how I heard of that valuable trick for extending one's life .. all I can say is that it came to me one night in a dream .. wow, do I have strange dreams or what? Anyhow, I felt it was my responsibility to pass along that valuable information to all of my brothers and sisters here at After Dawn.

Pick a winner and live a long time

3. LetsRock

LetsRock Guest

Well thank you for sharing that strange yet interesting info.
    i have stranger dreams than you so you dont have to worry by the way how old are you ?(seeing this is a how old are you forum)im only 13!
    ^_^and proud^_^
    sweet 13^O^

4. catfreak

catfreak Active member

Let's just say that my oldest granddaughter is 11

5. dzuldare

dzuldare Regular member

hi, i am 24 and i did not start playing video games until i was 14. i don't think it is right that parents put there 5 year old in front of a tv with video games!! young kids eyes are not fully developed and i think it is morally wrong to raise kids that way. there is so much more that they could be doing... well unless they live in the city. well i guess they could stare at the wall... hahaha. anyhow that is my two cents, later! , joe

6. kinza

kinza Regular member

i would rather grow up in a city than farm country. there is much more to do than play video games. in fact, i am positive that living anf growing in a city is supplementary to a child's growth more so than any other environment. there are many people to interact with and tons of ideas to experience. there are so many views, i can't imagine not growing up in a big city.

7. regor

regor Regular member

I absolutely love it!

that is my knew catch phrase.... "hey, who told you that, then?"

Just lovely! Thanks!

8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

Kinza: lol, i feel very differently than you, apparently. imho, the best way to go is to grow up on a farm, then go to college in a city. nothin' beats growing up in the rural areas.

for the first 14 years of my life, i lived in a subidivision. and i absolutely hated it. past 4 years, i've been out in the boonies, and i've done far more living in those 4 years than i ever did in the first 14. the only placed i'd like to live more is in Alaska :D

but yeah, as long as you're in driving distance of urban diversions, the clean environment and nature just can't be beat! XD

9. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I cannot think of anything worse than been brought up in a city. I live in a town, with the country only a 3 or 4minute drive away. The countryside is beautiful. The people here are very friendly & welcoming.
    Harrogate is 20 miles from York & 15 miles from Leeds. Cities are far too densely populated & there is little greenery. My flat is a 2 minute walk from 200 acres of fields & loads of trees. It is simply stunnning.
    York is very nice, but you really have to go on the train if you wish to shop, as the parking situation & charges are ridiculous. Leeds is far too busy & hectic for me, again the train is the way to go.
    I worked in London for a couple of weeks, I do not know how people put up with it! They are incredibly ignorant & rude down there, nobody talks to each other. They also talk with this ridiculous "cockney" accent! Unfortunately the rest of the world think that ALL British talk like that, GOOD GOD! I could not get out fast enough.
    City life is not for me, give me a rural situation, the air is fresher & the people are wonderful.

10. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

lol, don't forget about the privacy, pulsar! or the room you have to, say build cars, computers, or catapults! or have all the pets you can handle :D

11. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Ahhhh, catapults, I am just on with my 3rd tribuchet as we speak! Capable of launching a 25lb baby 200yds! I am having difficulty getting it out of the door though! It stands 35' high & 15' across.

Not too sure what the landlord would say about it ........!

12. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

just finished this a bit over a week ago for my physics class:
    [​IMG]

13. kinza

kinza Regular member

nice auslander, i looovve trebuchets, although i've never built one.

14. regor

regor Regular member

you need a rake, Auslander?

15. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Nice tribuchet there Auslander. I was actually joking about mine! I just find old technology very interesting. I was a Mech Engineer for 17 odd yrs & have a passion for engineering.

16. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

kinza: thanks! come here and take my physics class; you'll build a catapult, lol

regor: nope; next time i'm going to wash the cars, i'll get the blower and clean the driveway first XD

pulsar: thanks! :) i think you should build your catapult, anyway. it would certainly out the 250 feet mine can send a golf ball, lol. gotta love catapults--the oldest "big" weapon on the battle field, yet still in use for various things today.

17. regor

regor Regular member

I catapulted the other day... I was on businees in Atlanta (actaully in Alpharetta, GA) and awoke 20 minutes before I was supposed to be at a particular business. Yup I catapulted right out of bed and into the shower! Made it in plenty of time; it is amazing what a body can do. Got Milk?

18. EvaMae

EvaMae Member

i have a confession to make. i have never made or been a catapult.

19. BaNaKa

BaNaKa Member

20. EvaMae

EvaMae Member

^ amazing. i am a whole year older than you. hahahaha.