1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How old/young are you (to all)?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by chriso123, Sep 28, 2002.

1. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

maybe it was a giant conspiracy to get free movies.. heh. Seriously, man that's gross. would have hated to have one of the best movies of the year ruined like that ;-)

2. Easycola

Easycola Regular member

Oh geeze Dela, sorry, that was me (feels utterly ashamed)...I was flying too high this time...until I was handily handcuffed etc.

Nah, j/k (drinkin Smirnoff while typing, so ex cuseme about stains on your screen boys). Btw, totally useless info, but what is the longest post here by threat count? Or is this it?:) Anyway fellas, am glad about the fact that this board also has it's own OTM* section. Life isn't THAT serious...:)

OTM = Off Topic Minds

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Easycola, ammm this thread has been workin oon off topic minds since a few posts in. lol

4. thargor

thargor Member

Sh*t, don't you guys grow up, It's hell in the real world, Silver surfer (53+) and boss wants me to work when I'm not out on the road. selfish git doesn't realise that the internet is the only reason to go on high-speed connection. Anyway it's amusing reading your thread!!!!!!!!!!! and the various tilts it takes. Sad git me has only been following the sensible stuff 'til boredom set in at work today and I found y'all.

5. thargor

thargor Member

Sh*t, don't you guys grow up, It's hell in the real world, Silver surfer (53+) and boss wants me to work when I'm not out on the road. selfish git doesn't realise that the internet is the only reason to go on high-speed connection. Anyway it's amusing reading your thread!!!!!!!!!!! and the various tilts it takes. Sad git me has only been following the sensible stuff 'til boredom set in at work today and I found y'all.

6. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

In this thread we've been through:

Back to age
    Dela's new job
    School
    VCD's promotion
    Back to school
    Half term

And many, many more

7. Dela

That's right chris and there will be plenty more in the future too!

8. Easycola

Easycola Regular member

...Also, add wishing merry this and happy that on that list too..:)

RelaxedCola wishes the most whatever Christmas and Happy New year for everybody and especially for our beloved Dela Fonte & Junkie. Take care.
    And, uh, almost forgot. Though Jägermeister dRD is having well earned holiday some where at finnish wilderness atm and there fore can't reply for a while, meery this and that for you too! (though, paranoidCola has utter most feeling that is dRD watching our actions from safe distance, but still keeping eyey on us..:D)

And now that Ketola is running this show during dRD's leave, keep it safe and don't loose your sanity here..;)

9. VCDjunkie

Well, merry this and that to you too sir!

My pc crashed on Sunday and is still out of commission.. I think the motherboard is just shot! This is the perfect excuse to upgrade to the latest and greatest, so guys for Christmas this year I will be buying myself a new motherboard capable of 8x AGP graphics, and 533mhz frontside bus.. also 333mhz DDR memory, and 2.5 ghz p4 processor.. too bad its going to cost me over $500.00 US for the total package.. I will be getting the updated sound and video cards later this year, but for now this will be one hell of a power boost!

PS: in case you are wondering, I am right now suffering by using a Pentium 133mhz running windows 98 and 48mb RAM. I have a 21" monitor which is running 800x600 graphics because the old PC can't handle 1024x768 or higher.. considering what a hardware junkie I am, this kinda sucks...

Here's hoping that Santa delivers my new pc soon!

10. Dela

Oh ye Junkie, thats it, rub it all in. Let us all know how much more powerful your comp is gonna be, go on! work away ITS NOT LIKE WE CARE OR ANYTHING, YE YE NOT LIKE WE REALLY CARE

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

lol j/k, sounds like a damn nice upgrade to me!
    :)

11. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

That new PC's gonna kick ass!!!

12. Easycola

Easycola Regular member

Now, what did I tell ya Junkie before?!!? Didn't I directly ordered you to NOT to clean out your mobo with beer, didn't I? Which part of that order you didn't understood? And no, sledgehammer isn't the right software to flash your BIOS chip, unless you'll understand "utility" part "sledgehammer" being same what you get from download.com utilities-section. I mean, god dammit, what's up with these newbie? (gough gough)-moderators nowadays?:D Geeze, holy cow and cows surely fly at Amsterdam (hell ya, not due to red Bull either).

Anyway Junkie, nice to know that you will have new setup soon. Enjoy about your new faster-than-pussycat hardware.
    (ps, you wouldn't mind posting that pc-133 MHz moster here, allways got usage for new linux-shell..;))

13. VCDjunkie

actually, my old 133 was a linux machine until I had my pc crash, then I reformatted it for windows 98 just so I could work.. not that I don't like Linux.. anyhow, I didn't pour beer on the motherboard, I might have given it a hit or 2 from the bong, and I guess it never fully recovered.. *cough*

I will soon have the greatest machine in the history of computers, or at least until next month when something better comes out!

;-)

14. Dela

VCD, you removed linux to put on windows to prevent crashing LMFAO!!!

:)

15. VCDjunkie

I didn't do it to prevent crashing! I did it to provide more functionality, as much as I love Linux there is not as much software made to work with it!

16. Dela

Just wait vcd. Linux is just gettin better by the day as you've realised.

17. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

I always us Windows. I've never even tried Linux.

18. Dela

Linux is much more stable than windows. i use windows though cause it has more features right now!

19. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

I'm using 2000/XP (Dual boot) and they very rarely crash.

20. VCDjunkie

Linux is great, but I love my video games, and Linux does not have the hardware drivers for high end video graphics, and therefore not made for a gaming junkie like me!

I still like to play with Linux though, which is why my secondary pc will be formatted and installed with Red Hat Linux 8.0 after I get my new PC up and running!