1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How old/young are you (to all)?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by chriso123, Sep 28, 2002.

1. dolphin2

dolphin2 Guest

@EvaMae
    No, no! Say it isn't so!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I remember my sweet sixteen party. I had the prettiest dress, cute little slippers and a tiara that said "Neighborhood Tramp" across the front.

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Why the departure? You'll be missed!

4. EvaMae

EvaMae Member

i'm not contributing to helping anyone in any topic because i dont have the knowledge, but i may come back at some time in the future having aquired what is needed to be an accepted member not contributing to the spam, so for now i'll just depart. it's nice to know that i'll be missed though thanks!

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

You don't need to leave, just post where appropriate. aD isn't ALL about helping others, it is a discussion board after all! You may do a lot of your learning here. An awful lot of my PC knowledge has come from here, in particular from people like brobear, sophocles, 64026402 and theonejrs, just to name a few.

6. dapopo

dapopo Member

im 12 and oon my behalf i would just like to say i am awesome . . . cant touch dis da na na na . . . cant touch dis

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I missed the part about you leaving Eva. There's no need to do that.

8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

No, quite. dapopo: What the deuce?

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@EvaMae

No need to leave. You say you aren't contributing any help, well may be your posts are valuable in other ways. I for one have enjoyed them. And it seems others also agree. Stick around, if you go, you'll be missed.

10. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

There's nowt to be gained by leaving, and there is some to be gained by staying even if you don't think it's much.

11. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Agreed. Eva, I agree with the others, by staying you can learn a vast majority of the knowledge that is spread from user to user on this site. Many people are surprised at how much I know, seeing as I'm only just 16 years old, and I owe most of it to afterdawn.

-Mike

12. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

EvaMae,

I'm 62 (last week) going on 12. I've been around computer since before dirt was invented and I still come here to learn and help out when the need arrises. AD and the Hounds are the best forums around. Most other forums including Tom's Hardware do not have the high level of technical skills of some of our members. I know I've learned a lot by coming here and I'de like to think that I've helped a bit too! Stick around and you will learn quite a bit. You would be surprised how much help you will wind up learning and contributing down the road.

Happy Computering and Happy Birthday,
    theonejrs

13. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

congrats on becoming a senior, theonejrs - well deserved.

14. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

theonejrs, didn't you state you wanted to stay junior member because of your senior age & now you are senior member at a senior age! make up your mind, shezz!!!

15. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

ddp,
    It wasn't me. It must have been someone else! I didn't even notice the Senior Member under my username until you mentioned it! I never asked for that. Hell you can put what ever you want where Senior Member is! The only thing I ever asked is to have my username changed to "theone" and I just PM'd Neph today about it! Everyone calls me that anyway! There's a mixup somewhere!

Sincerely,
    theonejrs

16. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Happy birthday for last week then, theone! I've noticed this too about Hounds and aD, there are nowhere near as many high level users on other forums than here.

17. EvaMae

EvaMae Member

aww it's nice to see that im valued. :)
    i'll just stick around for a bit. i cant actually bring myself to leave anyways..

18. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Lol good! I'm sure you have something valuable to contribute to aD.

19. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@EvaMae,
    Stick around you will only miss-out on learning if you leave...and one should learn something new every day...

And I will be 45 tomorrow...

Now that were on this subject, I have a question...I am new to this forum and want to contribute more...what is the easiest way to pair up my knowledge base with the forums...I install ultra highend home theatres on average 6 to 7 figure installs...I have extensive knowledge in Backing-up DVD and building computers...I aso own a video store, I have access to all movies before release dates...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  20. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@lp531

PM gerry1 I believe he hangs around home theater area. You'll be good at helping there and anyone who lives near you will want to be your new best friend with your access to new DVDs, LOL. Also read thru all the listed forums, specifically the "Home Theater" forums.