1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How old/young are you (to all)?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by chriso123, Sep 28, 2002.

1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ah well, the world is going to change again in some way and there is nothing we can do about it!

2. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Well, we'll probably just have some kind of new technology or just have to get used to it.

3. Sefy

Sefy Guest

Well, I just found this thread, so I decided to jump in on the wagon ;-)

I'm 27 since January 21st

Some of you propably already know me from the guides I wrote, but i'm basicly new here on this forum.

4. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Nice to meet you. If your new then you must be very good at computers, you're a senior member.

5. Dela

Sefy's been here for a long time now chris!

6. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

Sefy, welcome to the longest most topic changing thread still going on A/D.. Care to change the topic and add to the chaos? It's nice to have a place that you can blurt out whatever nonsense you like and be applauded for it!

See ya around!

7. Dela

It's the safety valve so its aloud :p

lol

8. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Bluh ! I guess I am the oldest one here on the forum !??!!!?

34, turning 35 on April 17th !

My God... hope this Forum doesn't have an age-limit ? ;-(

9. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

I doubt age would matter as long as senility doesn't set in. If you start responding to problems like we are back in the days of DOS people might wonder. ;)

10. Sefy

Sefy Guest

@chriso123, i'm not new with computers, i'm basicly one of the moderators on VCDhelp (now DVDRhelp) and the guide writer of the "DVD Backup Guide" and "CD/DVD ReWriter Comparison" tables which are hosted on several places.

@Dela, actually i'm maybe a few days only on this forum, I think I just answered alot of posts so I became a "senior member" fast ;-)

@VCDjunkie, thank you for the warm welcome, as you see I already had a "titans clash" with jeepers94, so that should make me one of the fire starters here :-D

@Twilite, good ol' DOS days, yes I remember those, does that make me an antique now ? ;-)

Thanks everything for the warm welcome, it's much appriciated, hope i'm accepted among your ranks!

11. Dela

My mistake Sefy =), welcome to aD ;-)

12. VCDjunkie

Sefy, the curiosity is way too much so I have to ask (being a certified computer tech myself) so here goes nothing..

where do you live, what certs do you have, and what do ya do for a living?

I myself am currently the Supervisor of Support Services at my job in Miami FL, and soon to be full time Network Administrator. I have A+, MCSA, MCSE.

I know I haven't given anybody at A/D an udpate about my career in a while so here goes.. I got the promotion a while back, but they neglected to give me more money, so I asked to be moved into Network Administration.. I start this new position officially on monday, however unofficially I have been a Network Admin for the past 1.5 years.

Anyhow, enough damned blabbering.. Welcome aboard Sefy!

13. Dela

vcd, so you got your promotion afterall but no more money?? hmm does that mean more responsibility and no more money than you had with less?? if so, that sucks. At least on Monday you will be a Network Administrator officially I guess. Good luck to ya =)

14. Sefy

Sefy Guest

@VCDjunkie, I'm from Israel (yes yes, troubled country, i'm trying to get out), i've got about 5 different certifications from BrainBench, and I did pass the Microsoft Certifications, but I didn't want to pay them to get it since I don't really care about anything that says MS on it, I find it degrading.

I Could tell you about my "experience" but it won't do any good, since i'm from Israel, you won't know any of the companies :)

15. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

Sefy, Remembering does doesn't make you an antique no. I might look at you strange if you missed those days yeah but not remembering them. Course since I miss DOS I guess that makes me a bit strange.

VCDJunkie, Congrats on going to network admin. I was a Network Tech/Engineer for about 6 years before I went back to PC support. I still miss it some days, ahh the fights with the NT guys over wether autosense was complete fubar. Telling info security yes I can and will install my sniffers on either side of their firewall. <sigh>

16. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

I, at 13 years old, still remember DOS. I can even remember the command lines. Windows is so much easier.

Come to think of it i think i still have a copy of DOS 6.2 on some floppy disks.

17. VCDjunkie

I still use DOS commands on a daily basis, I create batch files regularly to use as login scripts etc.. DOS is great! I just wish that Linux/Unix were as simple.. I guess it will be the more I use it..

Just to let you all know, my first day as a Network Admin was fantastic! I haven't had such a stress free day in months!

18. Dela

fantastic?? really?? at work??? thats great VCD =) lol

19. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

You're one of the first people that really like their job. Guess you're just lucky.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2003
  20. Dela

Yep true, I guess he must be making a shit load of money, that right vcd??