1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How old/young are you (to all)?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by chriso123, Sep 28, 2002.

1. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

I thought that fit it well.

2. xyqo

xyqo Regular member

Well maybe it can be used to find someone your age. Then we could call it a social thread

3. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

nah we should keep its name as it is, this thread seems to be ancient, and someone on this forum once told me that this thread had a certain air of friendlyness and kindness, i can understand what that person ment now.

I LOVE AFTERDAWN, AND EVERYONE WHO LOVES IT.

4. xyqo

xyqo Regular member

After dawn and everyone on it loves you back.

5. kinza

kinza Regular member

how u doin regor? long time no talk, my fault :p Believe it or not, I have never actually been to Applebee's.

6. xyqo

xyqo Regular member

After a long day of being flamed and dissed you can come to a place like this thread and chillax. Oasis in online deserts.
    EUPHORIC.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  7. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

i said it once and i will say it again "I LOVE AFTERDAWN, And THE ONES THAT LOVE IT"

8. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Estuansis,
    Try Chili's. They have whats called "Wings over Buffalo" and they are great. I wash them down with Bloody Marys!

Happy Computering,
    theone

9. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Ooooh! Applebee's has good food. It's like a pub and grill kind of place. So they got burgers, hot wings, steaks, lobster, fish fry. But I don't think they have traditional meals like pastas. Good food though.

I always get a gigantic bowl of nachoes covered with cheese. And then some hot wings or a steak. I know the bartender/franchise owner at my local one so I can go there with my girlfriend even though it is a bar.

It's always kinda romantic to go to a nice place like Applebees or Conley's and spend a little extra money on my lady-type person:)(I think this might be the one I'm gonna marry when i'm 19!) <3

10. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

There's a little town called Cave Creek that butts up against the north part of Phoenix here and they have several way cool bar and grills there. My favorite was one called The Horny Toad because every friday they'd have all you can eat deep fried icelandic king cod and stocked ice cold bottles of Negra Modelo. I worked on a job near there and every friday me and a buddy would stop there and get good and fat on cod and have one or eight Modelo's :)

There's also a great Mom and Pop called The Fry Bread Shack run by a Tohon O'odham Indian family and good Lord Almighty it's the best Indian fry bread ever. For those not familiar with fry bread it's basically a 12" pancake of bread dough that's deep fried then slathered with beans and cheese or spicy chili meat - you're choice. It's such a simple dish but it's sooooooo good! When you're done with your "meal" fry bread you get another for dessert and top it with honey. Yum yum! They're similar to a sopapilla if anyone's ever had those.

11. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

sounds like a nice place, nephilim, i like to visit that place one day.

12. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It's a great place! I edited my above post - forgot to tell everyone about the Fry Bread Shack!

13. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

I've had sopapillas and fry bread. Frybread is a little fluffier though. Sopapillas are sometimes crunchy.

There's this authentic and classy little Mexican restaurant in my town called El Mezcal. I dunno if it has any franchises. I think it's a standalone business.

But they are great. They make all their own stuff. No ground beef. Everything is cubed or ribboned by hand and the handchopped salsa is made with all organic ingredients. They have sopapillas, fried icecream, chili verde(green chili). It is all extremely good and presented with almost an artistic display.

All the waiters must speak fluent Spanish to work there and you can order in Spanish. I like to do it because I can speak a good deal of conversational Spanish. Private schools do have their perks :)
    They wear arm-length oven mits and balance the plates on their arms stair-step style.(It looks cool too)

Free all-you-can-eat corn tortilla chips pressed, cut, and baked right in the restaurant. The Chimichanga con carne(Chimichanga with beef) is presented quite well. The actual Chimichanga is set on top of Mexican rice on one half of the plate. The other half is cut in thirds. It has some guacamole, rice and chili verde on some lettuce leaves over some refried beans.

And it's only about $7.00 for the whole meal with free chips and free refills on both chips and drinks you can eat like a king for only about $10. Awesome! My favorite restaurant of all time.

14. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Outback Steak House is very good too!

theone

15. xyqo

xyqo Regular member

Oh great now i'm hungry.
    I'm still at work people I'll have to wait till i'm on my way home.

Here in Kingston there are several really good places to cool out and get local or forign dishes.
    I love spicy jerk food a local special, very awesome.
    Or i could go to TGI Fridays i prefer the franchise out here over the ones i usually visit when im in Florida

16. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

hey neph, where in the world do you live? arizona? you metioned pheonix.

17. forkndave

forkndave Member

Hey Nephilim, have you ever tried Popo's. Nothing fancy, but I think they're pretty good. I've been eating there off and on since '68. They were just about the only restaurant around here when I moved into this neighborhood. They're on Indian School Rd. just east of 67th Ave. Actually, it's pretty hard to find really bad Mexican food around Phoenix. I lived in Memphis for a while and it's real easy there. My daughter worked at a taco shop in a mall and they put Itallian dressing on their tacos. It was different anyhow.

Dave

18. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Taco Bell fits that description to a T. TACO BELL IS NOT MEXICAN!!! It is cheeseburgers and frenchfries with spicy meat. I ate there once and have never eaten there again.

I'm a frequent at El Mezcal with Jacelynn(my girl/lady friend.) We love it! The prices make it easy for young couple like us to go there and enjoy good food on a budget.

With two part-time jobs and my life savings I have no problem getting myself what I want :) I work at BDT welding on farm equipment and I work at Badger Utility as a gopher for my dad and the guys in the garage. Both make over $7.00 an hour and I only go to each about once or twice a week so I have lots of spare time to sit my fat butt in front of the computer :)

19. forkndave

forkndave Member

Actually, Taco Bell would not qualify as bad Mexican food since it's not really Mexican food in the first place. We get stuff there ocaissionally but never have considered it Mexican food. There are a lot of Mexicans that eat there, however, or at least the one in my neighborhood. Some of what I consider the worst Mexican food I've ever eaten has been in Mexico. I guess what I prefer is the Sonoran style Mexican food generally found in Arizona. I guess in Sonora also.

Dave

20. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

taco bell is texan food.