1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How old/young are you (to all)?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by chriso123, Sep 28, 2002.

1. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

taco bell will eat your stomach's lining! LMAO

2. kinza

kinza Regular member

isn't it grade d meat? the worst kind that's still accepted by US law?

3. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

i dont think so, but i dont know really.

4. regor

regor Regular member

so no one will argue that Taco Bell is far from authentic, but it's cheap and relatively 'good' from a 'junk food' perspective. All things considered it's probably healthier for you than most.

What I typically order id a meat burito, a bean burito and two tacos. A good combo for Rojelio. For sure.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

anubis,

I live in Glendale which is a part of Metro Phoenix. I'm only about 20 minutes from geestar20 :)

Hey Dave, how've you been?

I've eaten at Popo's and it's good stuff. There used to be an awesome place downtown called Oaxaca's but I'm not sure if its still there. You're right on the money about getting good Mexican food here. You don't have to go far to find a stellar Mexican joint.

My favorite is still homecooked. I grew up with, dated a couple and have worked with alot of wonderful Mexican folks and I love it when they cook!!! I loooove pasole and my buddy Japo's Aunt Vivian makes the best pasole rojo on the planet. At my last job I'd do favors for the Mexican guys as long as they paid me with homemade pasole :)

Tamales actually save Christmas for me. I generally despise the whole Christmas season but at least there's an avalanche of homemade tamales to be had - twelve bucks for a dozen made with mama's love. I'll buy a dozen and eat until I look like a bloated tick :p

Estuansis,

Sounds like you've found a winner. If they have pasole on the menu give it a try ;) Albondigas can be pretty good too.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  6. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

i feel enlightened into your every day life, my dad used to live in tuscon or w/e. here in wisconsin, there was the best restaurant ever called Lums. it sadly when out of buisness, being in a bad location with little advertising. culvers is good fast food. big boy is basically our family's past time restaurnt, ever since they've been around.

7. Nephilim

I was born in Tucson (two hours south of here) and lived there till I was ten. I've been in Metro Phoenix for the last 24 years. So you're in Wisconsin?

8. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

yup, in the madison area. its pretty fun here. nots of stuff to do downtown, and lots of random ass sh*t to do. i lived in michigan till 7, several cities. then moved to mississippi for 3. then i came up here after, and been here ever since

9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

evamae: lol lucky, now I'm 18 I really can't blag adult fares any more! Still, at least now

I don't have to pay the £5.50 journey home from school every day!
    bluray: yeah that pic while it lasted was of my PC. I was promptly told to remove it!
    Happy bday veyr late eva, I was on holiday!
    Sorry to hear about the injury lethal, and yes you're right, cyprus was cooler than the UK

was! However, as I'm sure you'll appreciate (and probably be a bit jealous) it's crap being

stuck at home when it's hot.
    Being a UK resident I can't really comment on taco bell!

10. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Noted. What's in pasole? What do you like about it?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2006
  11. Nephilim

Pasole in its basic form is a spicy broth with pork and hominy in it. It can be quite different, kinda like potato salad, in that everyone has their own personal/family recipe for making it. Some make the broth thick, some thin, some shred the pork, some use chunks, some use just a little hominy some load up on it, some cook it with the pork bone in, some don't.

It's also a very regional dish and has three basic types, rojo (red), blanco (white) and verde (green). From what I understand the verde type can be hotter than all get out. Rojo is the most common and my personal favorite. I like it because the combination of a good spicy broth, pork and hominy just work so well together especially when you have a good hot flour tortilla to dip in it :)

anubis,

My mom's from Michigan and has a bunch of family in the Grand Rapids/Byron Center area.

sammorris,

Don't lose any sleep over not having Taco Bell in your area.

12. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

speaking of potato salad, i love sweet potatoes, yum! but i have found that eating ten of them in a row can make you feel a bit to full.
    oh and sammorris, where do you live?
    over in london where i am now the mayor is going to make all under eighteen bus fares free, as far as i know, please dont qoute me on that though.

13. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

@nephilim.

Wow sounds like it's tasty. BTW I saved your description and read it to my GF. She says she loves how it sounds. We'll try it out next time we hit up El Mezcal...

Probably tomorrow night because she says "We're goin' out to El Mezcal tomorrow night." So Iv'e got no choice and now I have a reason to go :)

14. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

@neph

ahaha really? almost all of my close family lives in Grand Grapids. i used to live out in Ada for
    most of my pre-7 years.

15. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Funny, I'm in Wisconsin Rapids. It composes of four different towships. Kellner, Grand Rapids, Biron, And Wisconsin Rapids itself. I am in Grand Rapids about a mile from Kellner :)

Hmm, Grand Rapids, And Biron.
    Grand Rapids and Byron.

Kinda funny, eh?

16. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Hehe double post!

I just got done watching The Red Violin in the original languages. It was a much better film without subs. It felt much more epic and was much more artistic. One of my favorite films. Romantic, myterious, funny, tense, musical, and beautiful all in one.*sighs*

17. Nephilim

anubis,

If you know any Towners or Chases there's a good chance I'm related to them :)

18. BigPantz

BigPantz Regular member

you lot based in the US talk with such passion 'bout your restaurants & stuff,i envy you coz all we get over here from America is McD's, Burger King & KFC..

Oh well, at least we got Mad O'Rourkes Pie Factory.. Pie & Mash in a box with gravy, yum yum.. anyone else been there?

19. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

my family might, but i havnt lived there in so long.

@bigpantz
    well we have the cheesecake factory, and boston market. boston market has the greatest maceroni and cheese i have ever had.

20. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

@anubis66.
    You're crazy. Kraft is much better. You have to use a whole stick of butter though. Melt it all in with like two Tbsp of milk then add the cheese. A bit salty but oh so good. It's my guilty pleasure.

Though I guess I've never had Boston Market so you might not be as crazy as I think:)

Boston Cheese Cake is awesome! My mom gets it at the Wally World(Wal-Mart) all the time.