1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How old/young are you (to all)?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by chriso123, Sep 28, 2002.

1. ZCONCEPT

ZCONCEPT Member

Message for Nephilim

Could you post the LINK to:
    Birthday thread for your car.

ddp told me you had already started one
    after I posted this new thread. Yet, I can't
    find your thread ( and I've looked high and low
    here on AfterDawn.com ). She closed my thread.

Here's the link to: What kind of Car do you drive or hope to?
    ( started by solargame on May 11, 2005 ):
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/190378

Also, here's the link to: The " Official " Car-modding Thread!
    ( started by indienemo on Dec. 9, 2004 ):
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/133541

Yet, both of these threads are NOT about celebrating your
    Car's Birthday ( or another person's car as I stated
    in my new thread ).

Signed: Robert Singletary__Wednesday August 30, 2006__3:39 P.M.
    (eastern standard time) USA

Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  2. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Wow, I can understand a couple cars and maybe a hotrod... but regor... what do you do for a living man? Insurance poor? Bullocks... gotta be rich :p

-EDIT-
    And, do you got enough SUV's? I counted three there. And they're all similar makes too. Do you really need three SUV's? I think it's time for a Chevy Silverado. It's all the truck you'll ever need. My dad had a '94 Silverado with an extended cab. Even at 6ft 3in I could still fit easily in the back seat.(I'm about 6ft 9in now BTW)

I think it'd be all the truck you'll ever need.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  3. ZCONCEPT

ZCONCEPT Member

No Comment ??

4. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Hey regor,
    Would that make you an Udder Mudder? He! He!

Just funnin man,
    theone

5. regor

regor Regular member

Actually Theonejrs it was a joke intended to raise the neck hair on Auslander... he used to have a pic of a wolf (with blinking eyes) as his siggy with the caption "if only I were half wolf"

I guess things got out of hand... he got rid of that siggy and I'm stuck with day old half and half :)

6. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

regor,
    About what I would expect from half a cow! LOL

Theone

7. regor

regor Regular member

@ Estuansis - I guess I'm weird that way. I probably don't need all the vehicles but if I didn't own them someone else would :)

Ok so here we go...

Ford F250 is a '91 (bought it to pull my fifth-wheel RV trailer; it will still pull the mountain to Moses :))

Ford Explorer XLT '97 (bought it originally for my wife because she hen-pecked me until I caved in; the good news is that it displaced a Dodge Stealth which I traded in for the Corvette)

Ford Explorer Sport '92 (bought it becuase it was a deal too hard to turn down... $2500 USD for a vehicle in perfect condition with only 38K original miles)

Corvette C5 convertible '98 (bought it because I wanted it. Jet black. Is sitting in my garage with 20K original miles. I drive it on special fun trips to Tahoe or Monterey or San Francisco :))

Harley Davidson Dyna Glide '94 (I bought it because I wanted it; sits next to my corvette and I ride it on weekends, etc.)

and then there is:

BMW 525i '02 (wife) (Bought it for our 25th wedding anniversary; it is silver in color and the color for 25 years marriage is silver -yuk I know but I got kissed :))

Subaru Impreza '05 (youngest son)(Bought it for my son to encourage him to continue his education. I payed the down-payment and he makes the monthly payemnts. Did the same for his siblings when they graduated high school. The down payment lowered the monthly price to $150 and the monthly payments made them feel like they are working for something very nice instead of just getting a great gift. It also helps establish their credit as they make the payments)

How's that for a comment ZCONCEPT?

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

regor, you only got a kiss for the beamer, you got short changed on that deal!!

9. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

regor: hey, i still wish i was half wolf. my sigs are on a rotation, and that one will come back. and you bought you son an impreza? probably same RS version as mine, right? check out the pics on my profile ^.^

10. regor

regor Regular member

ok so I may have gotten a bit more than a kiss (but no more children thankfully hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha)

And yea Auslander I think the same. I remember when you got yours... you were (hopefully still are) very proud!

hahahahahahahahahahahaha on the no more children... I'm on a roll tonite baBy... hahahahahhahahaha get it? baBy? hahahahahahahha!!!!!

11. regor

regor Regular member

some more of the hahahahahahahaha

just for good measure!

<grin>

12. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

extremely proud. she was put back together so well after the deer rammed me that there's literally no difference from her when she was original, and i baby her like crazy (save when i have to open her up and show people that don't know what they're up against what it means to really drive your car). she's getting a wash & wax as soon as i get home with weekend! XD

god bless all-wheel-drive and the horizontally-opposed engine.

13. regor

regor Regular member

didn't know about the deer ram... bet the deer didn't either!

rake the leaves first or jsut wash/wax the car?

:)

14. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

actually, i have to mow the lawn and do all the sidework associate, wash/wax all the cars, change the water filters, fix the water softener, replace a light fixture, fix a toilet, patch/paint some drywall, change my car's oil, fix a spot in the horse fence...and whatever else might come up before saturday.

*edit*
    yeah the deer rammed me as i was going down the highway...both doors on the driver's side and the front quater panel had to be replaced. the hood had to be straightened, as well as a some other sheet metal. they managed to match the shade of blue and the metallic flake perfectly, though. i was very satisfied.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  15. regor

regor Regular member

ei ei ei I shouldn't have asked :(

take a break every so often and wipe your brow :)

16. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

lol, well, i don't mind. my parents have worked very hard and sacrificed a lot to give me a good life, and the least i can to repay them is fix some stuff around the house that they find hard to do these days.

17. regor

regor Regular member

if it's any consolation my son's car got rear-ended damaging the bumper and trunk. They did a good job also. Interesting to note that he asked them to not put the Subaru emblems back on so now the back-end is unique. He think's it looks pretty cool.

18. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

we did the same thing when my Hyundai Accent got rear-ended (damn you, kelly roberts). so it's all smooth and the eyes flow easily over it now :)

19. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

When I got my Astro the rear end was smashed up like they backed it into a brick wall at 50mph.

It'll be more like a van for bombing around in so I'll just leave the back empty. I've already been camping in it and it stays quite warm.

Took about a month to fabricate all the body panels and spot-weld them on. Painted it blood red and used expanded metal(like on race cars) to replace the broken plastic grill. Painted the hood and the bumpers semi-gloss black. Put ocean-blue shag carpet in and matching leather seats.

(If you're wondering about a 16 year-old welding... my sister started teaching me at age 12.)

Here's an article about my sister going to the Nationals for welding.

http://www.thefabricator.com/ArcWelding/ArcWelding_Article.cfm?ID=1300

She's the one in the middle with the medal. (If I shouldn't be posting an article with my last name lemme know, will ya?)

20. regor

regor Regular member

WOW Estuansis. Thanks for sharing that with us. My goodness I like your sisters outlook on life. My goodness I like your sister!