1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How old/young are you (to all)?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by chriso123, Sep 28, 2002.

1. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

I don't remember it. What was it?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Chris, I dont know what the very first player was but kiss was definately one of the first!!

Liquid, I don't know if you could modify your dvd player to play divx but you can a ps2 using the ps2 reality player. Only problem is its hard to find a good copy of it aswell as having some issues with xvid playback :)

3. Liquid86

Liquid86 Guest

Thanks for the tip Dela.

Chris, Depending on what part of the world you live in (since I know most of u are from the UK)Circuit City attempted a service they called DivX in the USA. It involved a DVD player with a modem. You could buy DVD movies for $2.99 but after watching them twice, everyother time the disc would call in to this company and you would get charged an additional 3 dollars or soemthing to watch it another time beyond the first two. Crappy, No?

4. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

I live in the UK. That is a really crappy idea. $3 every time you want to watch your movie.

5. Dela

I wouldn't like that idea either!!

6. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Was there any way to copy the movies so you wouldn't have to pay each time you use it.

7. Liquid86

Liquid86 Guest

Given enough time someone would've figure out how to cheat the system...luckily, it didn't last more than six months I think. May it rest in pieces!

8. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

LOL, were they good quality? If they were and they didn't go out of business and people could copy them imaging how many good quality movies would be on kazaa.

9. Liquid86

Liquid86 Guest

Yea, DVD quality actually but they were encoded in such a way that only a DivX enabled player could read em AND said player also (supposedly) was able to identify dirty copies of a movie...Like I say, given enough time some kid in his garage would've cracked this, but It didn't last long enough to matter...no one really cared when it died either...

10. Dela

Chris: Good quality films on kazaa?? what are you on about :p

I certainly wouldnt have missed that system, to be honest it didnt sound exactly great!

11. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Dela: Well if someone cracked the protection and uploaded the DivX files to kazaa then they would be good quality.

12. Dela

Chris: If you want good divx then just use DC++, eMule, eDonkey Hybrid, Overnet, ftp or IRC!! lol not everything stops at kazaa ;-)

13. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

I don't actually use kazaa myself. I've just heard that they have many poor quality movies.

14. Dela

KaZaa movies are usually tmd and tmd are really really suck!

15. ineed2pee

ineed2pee Guest

I'm 12 too...

16. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Well I'm actually 13 now (posted that halfway through the topic). Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Dela: I heard something was up with the tmd website. Can anyone fill me in?

17. Dela

Chris, says under construction, also there has been a lot of problems with the irc channel so they may be in trouble or something!

18. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Dela, do you know of another site carrying the TMD codec so I can give the addres to all the people who keep on asking the same old "TMPGEnc won't encode ****TMD.avi".

19. T2K

T2K Guest

why doesnt any body take peoples advice when we say tmd movies aren’t worth watching, period. you’ll end up having to hack the hell out of them because 99% of the time there all screwed up, bad frames, missing audio sections people throwing popcorn ect. ect. ohh yeah and not to mention the horrendous quality.

20. Liquid86

Liquid86 Guest

Tell me about it...There is nothing like hearing the audience laugh while you're watching 8-mile...I like to call this the TMD sitcom-effect. Filmed in front of a live audience right? HA! I think MTV's Jackass was the worst (or best, depending on the context) example of this...