1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How old/young are you (to all)?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by chriso123, Sep 28, 2002.

1. ph4nth0m

ph4nth0m Member

gettin 19 in two weeks....wait not even two weeks, slightly less than that !!

2. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

I used to watch formula 1 (until I got bored with a certain German driver winning) but I really used to enjoy watching the BTCC, NASCAR is not the same (sucks) but I cannot say I really watch any sport now, I do not have the time and what I would watch is not necessarily available here!

3. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

I used to watch Winston Cup NASCAR until it became Nextel Cup. I mean cigarettes(Winston) aren't exactly the best sponser but it's traditional. No one wants to watch cars race in a track owned by a cell phone company. It's all become just an advertising campaign.

We have a local track called Golden Sands that I still frequent a lot. I know a few of the guys who race and it's hella fun :)

4. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Talking about sponsorship reminds me. In the Uk (and the rest of Europe I think) cigarette sponsorship is not allowed on any cars etc. That means the formula 1 teams have to have different body shells & the drivers clothing is devoid of manufactures names. The "joke" is that its only the name that needs to be removed so in the case of marlboro and some others I guess you still know who sponsors them by the colours etc. Cigarette advertising is also banned on tv and there are also very few adverts for alcohol and those that there are can only been seen at Xmas.

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Actually I'm not so sure about the alcohol one. there are plenty of Guinness, John Smiths etc. ads out there all of the year. Agree on the smoking ones though, but smoking is bad. Not to soudn all heroic, but seriously!

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

& what does this have to do with age???

7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Erm, nothing?

8. regor

regor Regular member

heh. some things get better with age.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
  9. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

regor,
    Yea, like fine wine, aged cheese and a good woman!

theone

10. ashwin18

ashwin18 Regular member

Does cheese get better with age?

11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

some cheeses--the kinds that connoisseurs are after and store properly. but the typical cheese from your grocery store will go bad, so don't try to age it.

12. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@auslander...just cut off the mold; it's what they do in the stores.

Edit: Reminds me of a line from the odd couple. Felix takes stuff out of the fridge and asks "What is this?" Oscar replies "either very new cheese or very old meat".

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2006
  13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

suddenly i find myself wanting to shop at grocery stores even less. cuttin' mold off cheese, dying old meat to make it look fresh, etc etc...i should just do it all m'self ^.^

14. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

They even dye new meat to make it look fresher! But it could be worse: traditional spicing of mexican food is to mask the taste of rotten meat LOL! Yet, I know what you mean Aus: I frequently have to walk through Chinatown's warehouse district in Philly; suffice it to say that I don't eat chinese food here very often. In that sense, ignorance is truly bliss LOL! One of the places ships nationally so if you ever see fortune cookies which say " N. 12th St. Philadelphia" on the wrapper, I wouldn't chance it...rats which look cross bred with Rottweillers ... nasty critters. They could at least clean up the trucks' road kill!

Wouldn't "Misfortune cookies" be a neat idea though?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2006
  15. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Right, I haven't posted here yet, but i'm 15.

My bit done :D

Lol

16. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

gerry: now i can't finish my pizza >.< misfortune cookies? patent that idea right now! lol, imagine what kind of stuff they would have...unlucky numbers? bad advice? "you will die tomorrow." "your wife will leave you." "that rash is cancer." "your dog is plotting against you." "your deadend job has enough stress to give you a heart attack in 5...4...3...2...1..." "yeah, size does matter." XD

Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  17. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i have a good woman and i'm 38 in just over 2 weeks, i don't look 37/38 (i don't) but my memory is like that of someone twice my age so i'll post now and run) :p

18. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

When I tell someone that I belong to a tech site called afterdawn, they always ask things like "Aren't you afraid that people are just going to lie etc.? I can't seem to convice them that it isn't a dating site.

19. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Lol gerry, too true..

20. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Gerry, pmsl!