1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How old/young are you (to all)?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by chriso123, Sep 28, 2002.

1. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

1 slice of chocolate fudge cake please lol

2. Liquid86

Liquid86 Guest

I just gotta say, lets all put out a prayer for the troops over in Iraq this weekend, I know some of you may not agree with the war, but our troops are there putting their lives on the line. Since many of us especially are from either the UK or the USA, we need to support our military. My father was in Vietnam with the 101st airborn some 30 years ago, so I fully support and pray for our military. Lets all give our best to the troops, they deserve it. Lets all pray for peace in our world, if nothing else.

3. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Good call Liquid. We should all take a moment to pray for peace.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2003
  4. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

Although, I don't necessarily agree with George W. Bush's decision and would liked to have seen better diplomacy, I do fully support the troops and hope to see a quick end to this conflict.

5. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

I believe we should have given the weapons inspectors a bit more time.

6. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I was watching the american protests against war the other day and it make me laugh, the most stupid thing that could have been said, was said, some idiot said that war is wrong and they should wait and see if iraq attacks them or their allies first :S is he completely stupid or just high??? I mean, he'd be willing to put innocent people in danger!!

7. Liquid86

Liquid86 Guest

Dela, you wouldn't believe the protests over here, especially being in college. We had people walk out on thursday, everyone is in a pissing contest with eachother. The way I see it, this war is a necessary evil. We need to disarm this guy to save his people. The anti-war protesters are such a minority as well. Its time to unite behind our troops, and save the people of Iraq. We're certainly not going to pull out now. War is never a wonderful option, but we've already seen that Iraq lied to the UN having launched 3 SCUD missiles which they claimed to not have. Anyway...thats my rant, I hope I have been respectful of everyone's opinion.

8. VCDjunkie

Necessary evil? perhaps.. after this is all done and Iraq has been liberated, perhaps history will make George Bush out to be a "Savior" of the people, but for now the reality is that he is a War Monger.

The people who are protesting the war ARE NOT in the minority, in New York City yesterday, 200,000 people marched in protest against this war. All around the world, people are raising their voices to be heard, but do you think George Bush is listening?

I am proud to be an American, but will never be proud of George Bush.

God bless our troops and I hope this conflict ends soon and with few casualties on both sides.

9. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

1,000,000 people gathered in London yesterday to protest against the war. I don't call that a minority.

10. Liquid86

Liquid86 Guest

I'm not saying the anti-war protesters don't have a point, because they do. They absolutely do, but when I hear about people marching and singing give peace a chance while throwing bottles and rocks at riot officers, it kind of makes me shake my head. Granted 200,000 in new york and 1,000,000 in london is nothing to sneer at at all, but compared to the total populations of both cities or even their respective contries, its nothing. I can't speak to london, since I am fully aware most people don't support the war there, and let me say again, I am NOT pro-war, just pro-troops. However I also realize that the people of Iraq (in general) are not huge fans of Saddam Husein. Also, In regards again to the protests against the war, they are not going about it in the right way. People here in Minneapolis were blocking streets, entrances to govt. buildings etc and wouldn't even listen to statements made by people supporting the war, however when the rally for our troops took place, several thousand more people turned out and were completely peaceful and respectful, even when speakers representing the nation of Islam decided to comment. Im speaking from what I have witnessed, and while "less than the majority" is probably better of a term than "minority" all I'm getting at is more people support the action we've taken then not. President Bush is definately a Republican through and through, but why didn't any protests occur when Clinton invaded Kosovo or attacked Iraq during his term as president. I think more people out there are Anti-Bush than Anti-War...I can't see this same reaction if it were a democrat that made this decision. Once again, these are strictly my opinions and I am open to all criticism you may have.

11. thargor

thargor Member

Dela & Wizkid. No I did not get bored, but with my line of work it is difficult to log in and join in on a regular basis. My team is Tottenham Hotspurs, and yes they have been playing c**p for the last few years if not longer. Just caught the news and it appears a Patriot missile just took out a Tornado??????
    Hope this war is over soon.

12. Dela

tharghor: spurs??? hmmmmm

On this war i think it's needed! I hate to see innocent people die but at the end of it there will be no saddam hussein regime or no weapons of mass destruction. I saw reports that a chemical factory has been found but not yet confirmed so i think, perhaps not!! However, even if iraq had no weapons of mass destruction, removing saddam hussein is great for the iraqi people! I am not pro war either, i hate it so much. I hate the way everything has to do with military in these days, when people compare countrys they dont compare them by how nice the people are or the place, they compare military and crap like that more often!!

13. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I fully support the words you say Dela !!!

but I dont support thargor's team the Spurs. lol

14. Dela

No I dont mind spurs to be honest, last season everything for united depended on spurs anaginst arsenal and arsenal won it by a penalty and went on to win the league!

15. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Well althoygh I can't take the piss out of any Man U fans (yet) we have just overtaken Everton in the league so I (and other Liverpudlians in our school) can take the piss out of the Evertonians.

16. Dela

Well have fun chris, I think united just might take the league this year :) playing great lately, especially with Ruudy scoring a hat trick with one absolutely spectacular goal in it!

17. VCDjunkie

War always equals death.. nothing comes from war but death. Here Iraq, try some democracy, let me shove it down your Mother F@CKING throat!

THIS IS THE MOST RIDICULOUS FOREIGN POLICY EFFORT IN HISTORY!

Thanks for nothing Bush!

And in case none of you saw the Afterdawn Newsletter...

This is war:
    http://www.thememoryhole.org/war/thisiswar/

18. Dela

Michael Moore wins academy award for Bowling For Columbine, =). I'm happy, everyone has to have seen this? if you didnt, SEE IT NOW!!

19. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Who ? and.... what ?

20. Dela

Michael Moore is a filmmaker, bowling for columbine is film/documentary and its excellent, you should see it!