1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How old/young are you (to all)?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by chriso123, Sep 28, 2002.

1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Sefy, i dont know why you say that about the story to the matrix when it is indeed possible that something like that could happen in the future if technology keeps growing at this alarming rate!

2. Sefy

Sefy Guest

So can "Ghost In the Shell" and "Star Trek" and "Terminator" and loads of other exactly identical story lines, which i'm sure you'll find a lot of connections here and there between them.

Matrix and all it's sequels and pre-quels is nothing more then a waste of time SFX with a worn out story line and 99% bad actors, mosty Keanu Reeves which as usuall trashes a movie (anyone remembered Johnny Nemnonic ?) so forgive me for not being impressed by computer effects.

Even Freddy Krueger has a better story line then The Matrix!

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Yeah...right!

4. Sefy

Sefy Guest

Each Person likes different things, i'm not "thrilled" by computer effects and minimal story line and none convincing acting.

It's my opinion.
    Just like you don't agree with me, I don't agree with you, each to their own.

5. herbsman

Indeed it is Sefy !: )-

The box Office sort of proves that it is in the majority a major hit movie. I heard that in the states it took something like $54m in the 1st day at the box office.

:p

6. Sefy

Sefy Guest

Unfortunatly it seems today people prefer less plot and more special effects. Reminds me that the Trek fans that "loved" the latest movie Nemesis, is all cause of special effects, cause they know the movie itself is nothing special, rather dull and alot of parts are rip off from TOS Movies :-/

The Matrix has fans, which most are CGI fans, and CGI is best viewed on the big screen, personaly, I wouldn't waste money on seeing CGI, I like seeing a nice new and interesting story, and I don't find it in the Matrix, for me it's a boring long drag full of CGI and SFX to make the time fly faster.

I Think the last unexpected movie i've seen that had an interesting and twisty story line was "Swordfish" where the acting was great and very convincing, SFX/CGI was used only when needed, and you couldn't figure out what was going on till the end of the movie! now that's what I call a good movie, but again, that's me, i'm not a big crowed.

7. Dela

The matrix has a great story!! Thats why so many ppl like it mate!

8. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Matrix story is partially different, but not really new. The Idea that we live in a program has been kicked around many times in Science fiction books. Even though Keanu Reeves sucks, they still give him that I don't know what's going on character that he can play. Bill and Tedds is the best illustration of Keanu Reeves acting ability or for the ladies Sweety November. But if you like Martial Arts, SFX then reloaded was good, if you want plot and good writing see Lord of the Rings. This was the first, the start of Roleplaying and the development of Fantasy. And the Movie does have good CGI to keep the tech geeks happy.

9. Dela

The only point of the matrix reloaded was to set everyone up for the matrix revolutions. What I loved was the Neo vs about 1000 agent smiths lol!!

Oh and I cant wait for The Lord Of The Rings : The Return Of The King!

10. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I agree Dela, It was setup similar to Empire Stikes back. Just to wind you up for the next and final chapter. Reloaded can't stand on its own as a movie, the previous and follow up are needed. The only movie trilogy I can think of where the second film can stand alone is Back to the Future 2. It needs the third to end the trilogy, but you know whats going on if you just watch it.

11. Dela

Remember the way Lord OF The Rings : The Fellowship Of The Ring ended?? lol That was the worst ever just leaving where it did but it made the two towers excellent!

12. goalie

goalie Member

Godfather 2. Best stand-alone sequel ever. Best sequel ever. One of the best MOVIES ever.

-Goalie

13. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

I can't wait for The Return of the King.

P.S. I'm back!!! :)

14. Dela

Hey Chris man, welcome back! was wondering where the hell you disappeared to! The return of the kick will be welcomed with open arms from me, damn it's gonna kick severe ass!! :D

15. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Where I'd dissappeared to?

http://club.cdfreaks.com

The Lord of the Rings movies have always been very close to my birthday._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Trevelyan: For England James?
    Bond: No, for me.
    [​IMG]

-Chris[/small]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2003
  16. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

Sefy, your opinion is in the minority when it comes to the Matrix. Most people loved the movie and can't wait for part III. If not, then they were not true fans of the first movie.

So, what about movies that are yet to hit the big screen? Who else is excited to see Terminator 3?

17. herbsman

I do have a mild urge to see T3

[​IMG]

18. Phantom

Phantom Member

=0_X_X_X_X_X_[small]EM7[/small]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2003
  19. Dela

VCD where are you man?? aint seen u on irc!! getting more users now and have a trivia bot, i dont know if you tried it but its a good laugh!!

20. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Does it matter what server i go on? if so how do i get to that server on mIRC?