1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How old/young are you (to all)?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by chriso123, Sep 28, 2002.

1. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

referring to the original topic:

I'll add my own age:

I'm 12

my bday:

August 4th

Cheers!

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Sheeez! I can't even remember when I was 12 or if I ever was,LOL. (come to think of it, my wife says that's a little older than where I'm at mentally right now)

BTW, it took a 12 year old to get the thread back on topic, what's that say about the rest of us? LOL ;>)

Cheers yugioh2me!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
  3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Ahh 12 years old, If only I could go back and start from there again. I think thats when all my problems began. Women. Happy birthday!! Stay in School, Get a good education and then you can get a great job or maybe be your own boss. Stay out of trouble!

Prisoner, my little brother has an Electra Glide Standard that he has put the big bore kit and cams in. When we go on our rides, we often switch bikes. It is very enjoyable and relaxing to motor along as he zips off over the horizon on my Suzuki.

For me, getting the front tire to push or slide is usually a matter of just being leaned over with the back stepping out nicely just a bit and then chopping the throttle. Not really a great idea, but it happens when I get cut off or freeze because I'm getting in way to hot.

It is interesting Pulsar that you mention a boat like that and water skiing. I think about the closest way to describe going around a corner fast on a bike is to get a few good cuts in on a ski.

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Frank,

that's wild you said that, when you were talking about it on your bike,I actually started to compare it to snow skiing, when you get in a groove and everything becomes 100% quiet, no noise whatsoever, like you are deaf or the world is on mute.

It's just you and the mountain and you are cutting so great, the feet, knees, shoulders are all working together and actually floating on a thin cushion of air. It only lasts a few moments and then you're back to reality again.

But it's a great buzz, no matter how brief!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
  5. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... Youth is being served ... Wow! .. I have a granddaughter who's 10 already ...

6. hutchy

hutchy Member

I'm 18 at this very moment in time

7. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Ah yes, snow skiing, I can highly recommend Mont Blanc. You can get up to some horrendous speeds & difficulty on a pair of skis!

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

pulsar,

I have skied for about 33 years, all over the US and some stints in British Columbia. Lived in Colorado for six years and while being an instructor out there I did a lot of mountain pass, snow cat, and helicopter skiing.

There is enough skiing in Colorado and Utah alone to last a lifetime. We used to ski at night in the passes under full moons. It was so bright because of the altitude(14,000 feet) it was like skiing in the daytime. We would spend the nites in snow caves built by ski patrol, get up the next morning and start all over.

I'm sure gonna miss it, but I've got a lot of good pictures and memories that will last the rest of my life.

9. solo61

solo61 Member

i'm 43 and heavy into bikes both motor and non motored
    have a wife and to kids and own enough computers and parts to make compusa jealous...

10. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Well I'm 39 now. Its 01.45 23rd November.
    Oh BUGGER!!!

11. pulsar

pulsar Active member

UK that is!

12. regor

regor Regular member

So Prisoner - Nice bikes, but what about KAR 120C ? Isn't that part of the collection??? :)

[​IMG]

13. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I am still in the progress of building that Kar. I would like to take that around Europe, but in North america I would rather be seen in a Pickup truck. Useful and can kill small cars. Seems like a problem here, small cars just die. But the Mini is making a good hit here.

Well back to topic, The old age is setting in. I have already made a lists to back on track at work. Feel really distracted with all the courses.

14. regor

regor Regular member

be seeing you <wink>

15. Jrmntr

Jrmntr Member

Hey,I'm 17 (turning 18 nov 30th) and i'd ust like to point out how cool it is that the internet and forums like this allow for people in such a large range of ages to all be talking about and learning the same things and i have been using these forums for quite a while as a guest and they have been soo helpful, so i bit the bullet today and now i'm an official member

Last edited: Nov 24, 2004
  16. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Much agreed. I love this place and its potential. I have meet people from acrossed the pond and learned quite a bit.

17. regor

regor Regular member

Hi there Jrmntr - Welcome to AD.

Yes, a diverse group. A veritable cache of knowledge. And fun.

Happy posting!

R

18. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

And a warm welcome to Jrmntr :)

19. Jrmntr

Jrmntr Member

Thanks guys

20. zippyd

zippyd Active member

I'll be 29 on the 30th. Wish I could swap with Jrmntr.