1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How old/young are you (to all)?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by chriso123, Sep 28, 2002.

1. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

fukov: First of all you're banned. Secondly, there are appx. 3 billion websites in the world, go to ones that don't cause your blood pressure to go up and leave us alone.

2. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Well said both of you. I absolutely can't stand people who sign up to post message like that.

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

They post messages like that cause they think they are something they're not. Did you ever read the .nfo file of a download, same good damn thing. BTW good post's VCD and dRD!

4. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

I for one have worked too hard to earn the respect of the people in my life. Since you are all a good bunch of guys, I know you are all respectable too. I just can't stand it when some stupid ass bitch gets a little bug up his ass and decides to bad mouth good people like that.

Anyhow, like dRD said, he is banned so his little queer ass can't bad mouth anybody at afterdawn anymore.

5. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

dRD has eliminated one more idiot on the forums, but with more of this happening I think it's time dRD added the 10 day wait to post on the forums.

6. Dela

A 10 day wait on the forums would do pretty good for eliminating those guys who just post 1 message and dont even say thanx or tell you wat happened when you answer it!

7. VCDjunkie

the downside to a 10 day wait is more people would just go elsewhere to get help. Not everybody is going to be the video encoding enthusiast.. only about 2% of the people who come to this site really want to know more about encoding, I think people just want to make it work and be done with it.

Oh, and in case any of you didn't already know, 98% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

;-)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2002
  8. Dela

I guess in a way you're right! But it would encourage ppl to read over the site and forums instead of demanding answers the whole time. Speaking of such.. Are you reading some of these threads??? Newbies demanding answers and blaming everyone else for the problem they have. Annoys me!!!

9. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

And if they don't get a quick answer they tend to repost their thread. It's time these people learned to either wait to post of search the messages.

10. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

The problem is what VCDJunkie says -- the move would lose probably some traffic from the forums and traffic is still, after all, the way for us to make money. And as we somewhat like money, we prefer to keep the traffic coming in :)

11. Dela

Fair enough - Good Point.

12. VCDjunkie

oh how I wish it weren't so, but alas, the world does revolve around money.. *sigh* .. which reminds me, looks like I might be making more money soon with a promotion.. $$

I will post it when it becomes official so that I can officially pat myself on my back.

13. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Money first, post quality second.

Shame thats how it has to be.

14. Dela

Good luck VCD!!

15. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Well VCD after all the crap you've been through, I can't see them not giving you a promotion.

Good luck with the official word.

16. Dela

Ahh well vcd, are you ever gonna tell us how ya's got on. We've been waiting since the 13th.

lol

just kiddin with ya!

17. VCDjunkie

LoL, yes Dela, I also have been waiting for the good news before posting it here, but so far all I have been given is more responsibility. I do think I will eventually get the promotion, but I think my company is a bit paranoid and a bit more selective considering how they got screwed by the previous management. I can't wait until this all passes and my life returns to normal, then I will hopefully have more time to post on A/D!

;-)

18. VCDjunkie

Happy Thanksgiving to all the American Afterdawners!

19. Dela

More Responsibility. Be honest, how close are you to collapsing??? Only Jokin. BTW, this might sound stupid but remember I am Irish - Just what the hell is Thanksgiving??? Hear about it all the time just never bothered b4 to ask what it was lol (I already know how shocked you are by the look on your face.)

20. VCDjunkie

Thanksgiving is the day that all Americans get together to eat turkey and watch football.. other than that, its a stupid holiday that gives us a day off from school and work!

BTW, still no word on the promotion.. hopefully they still want to promote me, who knows at this point. I'll let you know when that changes, in the mean time I still don't have much time outside of work lately.. as soon as that changes, you will see more of my senseless blabbering filling the pages of afterdawn.com forums. heh.. ;-)