1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Question on AVI 2 VCD.

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by ronin008, Mar 7, 2004.

1. ronin008

ronin008 Guest

I did a search like a good noob should on what I needed to find out, but the results were less than complete or helpful for my cause. I've downloaded TMPGE2 and a program called VCDEASY to convert an AVI file I have to VCD. Nero seems to do the job fine, but it takes hours, literally. I thought maybe trying these two appz would speed things up. Problem is: they will not read AVI. Granted I'm not very good at configuring software to do what I want them to, but isn't TMPGE suppose to convert AVI to MPEG VCD on default?

I just need an application to convert AVI files to VCD without using NERO which is excruciatingly slow.

Thanks in advanced,

2. cryptdigr

cryptdigr Guest

Just out of curiosity are you using TMPGenc Plus? TMPGenc? At any rate, after using TMPGenc and authoring with IfoEdit you should then be able to burn using whatever your choice of burning software. TEMPGenc converts, IfoEdit authors and Nero WILL burn baby!

Tony

3. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

[bold]isn't TMPGE suppose to convert AVI to MPEG VCD on default?[/bold]

firstly speed wise with tmpge it all depends on how fast your cpu is (the faster the cpu, the faster the file encodes). im on a P.O.S p2 350, so you can imagine how sluggish it is on my comp to encode.

secondly you still need the right codecs for tmpge to recognise the file, so what type of avi is it....divx/xvid?? ect ect

if you dont know, i suggest you download a program called 'G-spot codec information' which will tell you exactly which codecs you need for your file