1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Quick Can You Produce A DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by leelee20, May 15, 2004.

1. leelee20

leelee20 Member

Hey, I just wondered how quick anyone has managed to make a dvd from a downloaded dvd movie in AVI format! I am new to all this and i have made a dvd but it took over 16hrs to convert it from AVI to DVD lol it does say it will take a long time but has anyone found a quicker way to do it at all? Any handy tips wud be much appreciated as i have a few dvd I'd like to make. Thanks Lee

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

leelee20,
    Since you are new here this is the gist of it. Alot of people consider copying downloaded( not personally owned) movies piracy. We can not talk about that on this forum.

3. michigan

michigan Guest

That is why you are not gettting any information. I will give you this though. It all depends on your system. Faster better system (mostly the processor speed) = faster conversion

4. leelee20

leelee20 Member

Ah right, cheers for the info anyway :)

5. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Besides the speed of your system, there's also the speed of the encoder. Personally, I use CCE, which AFAIK is the fastest MPEG-2 encoder available. On my PC (P4 2.4GHz/768MB RAM) I can get through both passes of a 2 pass encode in about the same time it would take to play the movie. It also gives you argueably the best quality. Since CCE Basic only costs $58 it's an obvious choice to me.

You do have to figure out a few settings, which I could explain in a few minutes if you're talking about the Basic version, and I'm assuming you don't want to shell out $2000 for the really high end version. Beyond that you also need to be able to use AviSynth, which isn't a problem if you can type up a 2 line text file. Actually, you don't even need to retype the text file every time. You can just edit 1 line to update the name of your AVI file, and you can use an editor called AVSEdit that will create or modify the text for you.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night
    Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life
    Backup A DVD With DVD Rebuilder & CCE Basic: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial.cfm
    Good Guides To Get You Started: [/small]

Last edited: May 15, 2004